Query about May update

I just received Software upgrade - Android 8.1 Oreo (V2.22C) with security patch update 2018-05 for my TA-1089.

Query about May update

viggie viggie
 /  edited June 4
I just received Software upgrade - Android 8.1 Oreo (V2.22C) with security patch update 2018-05 for my
TA-1089. Should I install it , Is the WiFi issue fixed or are there other known bugs in this update ?
Thanks.

Comments

• maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 5

V2.22C is the update from the original May patch. That's the right one for the Wifi issue.

• kishore kishore
    ✭✭  /  edited June 5
    Are there any new bugs in this update?
  • viggie viggie
     / 

kishore no new bugs only Wifi is not working properly you have to be near router .

There is Trusted Face in Smart lock and I think they enabled Dual 4G Volte 

and I heard they released wifi fix and it will reach everyone 3-4 days 

• kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    Isn't the 2.22C the WiFi fix patch?
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 

Well, yes and no. If you already installed the May update, the firmware build was (in my case) 2.22A. In India there came a separate small patch to solve the Wifi problem. It changed the firmware to 2.22C. I think when you hadn't installed the original May patch and update your phone today from April to May, the small patch is included. Also 2.22C.

• kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    Why is viggie having WiFi issues then?
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't know. As you can read in other threats, the ones with the initial Wifi problem are happy now.

• kishore kishore
    ✭✭  /  edited June 11
    But I here there's new calling bug. Apparently, people aren't able to able place calls now.
  • viggie viggie
     / 
    After reset my WiFi is working properly . BTW did Google remove support for Miracast bcuz I can't Cast to my Amazon Fire stick and Windows 10 .
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't know about casting but it appears as if you he 2.22C is almost bug free.