Cannot run bootloader unlock app on Nokia 8 Andoird Pie

Updated my Nokia 8 to Androdi Pie, google security patch December 1  2018. And now when I am trying to run unlock app it keeps crashing or getting stuck.

Cannot run bootloader unlock app on Nokia 8 Andoird Pie

PasiSA PasiSA
✭✭  / 
Updated my Nokia 8 to Androdi Pie, google security patch December 1  2018. And now when I am trying to run unlock app it keeps crashing or getting stuck.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Comments

• PasiSA PasiSA
    ✭✭  / 
    Just updated to January 1 2019 security patch. And now I will get "Device not support". I cannot be only one who is facing this issue?
  • Julles Julles
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,
    My Bootloader Unlock app just crashed when it should give me the code.
    I have contacted support and they.... well, treat me as i'm idiot :smile:
    Last time I had to send them screenshots of what i'm doing and that was 2-4 days ago.
    "Nokia 8 (TA-1004) build 00WW_5_110_SP01 with Android 9 on security patch January 2019"
  • PasiSA PasiSA
    ✭✭  / 
    interesting.... tried with wifi and cellulardata... seems that app works differently depending on data connection. With wifi it is just stuck and with cellular data it crashes when it should give the code.

Nokia 8 (TA-1004) and build 00WW_5_110_SP01, January patch

So seems that there is some real bug in the unlocker. How do we get someone to react?
  • Julles Julles
    ✭✭  / 
    I tested different data method also and no difference. Just when you haven't used the app for a while then first time it "closes" and then second to X times it crashes with error.
    I wrote to support last week and now it has been 5 days since last contact. I sent them screenshots they wanted and no word back.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not the first time that the unlock capability has broken. It has broken at least twice since the official release. And yes, it is currently broken on the Android 9 release for all users.
    Your best bet right now is to see if you can downgrade the device using the downgrade package released for beta labs users. Users on December update should be able to use that to downgrade to Android 8.1 and then run the unlock app to get the unlock key. Don't forget to remove the Google account in advance so that FRP is erased and you are allowed to enter the system post downgrade (without a forced upgrade).
  • Julles Julles
    ✭✭  / 
    Little update: There are no updates :disappointed:
    Nokia Customer Support has not replied in 19 days.... That is way too long and I have sent 2 reminders. Seems like my mails are directed to trash :smile:
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes that's very poor service from the support team. The state of the bootloader unlock app is indicative of HMD's whole attitude to enthusiasts and developers, unfortunately. I do not expect any fix any time soon.