Will android pie beta users get official update

I am on android pie beta and now Nokia have released official pie update.

Will android pie beta users get official update

I am on android pie beta and now Nokia have released official pie update. Will we have to go back to Oreo and upgrade or will we get the official update automatically ? 

Comments

• piphil piphil
    ✭✭  / 
    I received this email on the 18th of December from Nokia:

"Many thanks for being part of the Android™ 9 Pie Nokia phones beta labs program with your Nokia 8. Thanks to your valuable feedback, the official release will soon be ready and available to millions of users.

If you wish, you can roll back to Android Oreo™ to get the official Android 9 Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Android 9 Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Android 9 Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release."

I rolled back soon afterwards, and have just received the official port of Android 9 this morning (Nokia 8, UK, Three)
  • Thanks Piphil.  Even I got this, but wasn't sure whether need to roll back or not. Anyone in India got the official update?
  • Have some problems on Nokia 6.1 plus android version 9 Some time actomatic open keyboard on home screen after finger unlock and YouTube video comments section have problem please check and fix.thanks
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    piphil said:
    I received this email on the 18th of December from Nokia:

"Many thanks for being part of the Android™ 9 Pie Nokia phones beta labs program with your Nokia 8. Thanks to your valuable feedback, the official release will soon be ready and available to millions of users.

If you wish, you can roll back to Android Oreo™ to get the official Android 9 Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Android 9 Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Android 9 Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release."

I rolled back soon afterwards, and have just received the official port of Android 9 this morning (Nokia 8, UK, Three)
    And what a load of cobblers that email turned out to be.