Only HSPA+ on Cricket/ATT

Just upgraded to the Nokia 6.1 2018 which I bought from below.

Only HSPA+ on Cricket/ATT

System System
 / 
Just upgraded to the Nokia 6.1 2018 which I bought from below.

https://www.amazon.com/Nokia-TA-1068-Unlocked-International-Warranty/dp/B07BVDG8P1/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1528141923&sr=1-4&keywords=Nokia+6.1&dpID=41cuid7I6UL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch#customerReviews

I configured the sim card settings, all works, txt, mms, calls, internet except it shows a H+ or sometimes 3G next to the cellular. I know I should be getting LTE as I just taken out the Sim card from my previous android phone and I get excellent signal even indoors. Tried going outdoors with the Nokia but it's not a signal issue.

I saw network settings that allow you to manually select 4G, which it's elected, but still no 4G.

This is the unlocked GSM I international version from Amazon, others in the Amazon FAQ did say it works with AT&T / Cricket, hence why I bought it.

Any suggestions, I'm at a standstill.

Comments

• murph murph
    ✭✭  / 
    You may need to reconfigure the radio, as it will probably be configured for the area where the phone was intended to be sold, since this is obviously a grey import. N.B. if the phone does not have FCC certification, it may be illegal to use it in the US, or if it is incorrectly configured. Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into the phone diagnostics, where you can reconfigure the network radio types. I'm not certain exactly which options that model will have, or what you need for AT&T. Try the 3 dots at the top right, then
    "Select radio band", and "United States", if that is there. For network type, my first guess would be "LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)", if that option is available; you may need to experiment. LTE is not the same thing internationally, so will only work if the phone has the LTE bands used by the network / country.
  • Cricket says that they are unable to help as they do not have the APN settings to support this phone on their LTE networks.

Which is a giant lie - if you use the command above to look into the phone's preferred network settings, you can (in most areas where cricket has coverage) find an option to get the phone to have full bars of signal and be on the 4g/lte band of data.

Nokia and Cricket/AT&T need to get off their lazy butts and fix this.