Unable to receive OTP SMS after updating to android 9

Unable to receive OTP SMS after updating to android pie on Nokia 8 Sirroco.

Unable to receive OTP SMS after updating to android 9

Unable to receive OTP SMS after updating to android pie on Nokia 8 Sirroco. Any update to fix this bug on my device ASAP shall be appreciated.  Had contacted Nokia chat support the gave me *#*#4636#*#* to update smsc , getting error while updating smsc. Please help

Answers

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    SMSC should not be responsible while receiving text messages. If you're able to receive other SMS and only OTP SMS from a service is broken, then probably the service itself is facing some downtime.
  • singhnsk said:I changed the sim and put a new sim, the OTP SMS still doesn't work in my Nokia 8s. I put the sim in another phone and I started getting bank OTPs. I'm sure it has something to do with the android pie update. I'm not sure how to fix it. Can't reset my phone. Please help me if there is some work around.

SMSC should not be responsible while receiving text messages. If you're able to receive other SMS and only OTP SMS from a service is broken, then probably the service itself is facing some downtime.

• I have same issue
    Please help me
  • Vinoth8760 Vinoth8760
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also facing the same issue
  • Having same issue .. has anyone found a solution? PL aharr
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    singhnsk said:I changed the sim and put a new sim, the OTP SMS still doesn't work in my Nokia 8s. I put the sim in another phone and I started getting bank OTPs. I'm sure it has something to do with the android pie update. I'm not sure how to fix it. Can't reset my phone. Please help me if there is some work around.

i too have same issue post PIE update and i changed sim and did factory reset no use
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    i have a solution which many may not like but worked for me albeit loosing cloud data, i did a factory reset and didnt chose to restore then OTP was working, so clearly post update some break in restoring the secured data back to phone
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    i have a solution which many may not like but worked for me albeit loosing cloud data, i did a factory reset and didnt chose to restore then OTP was working, so clearly post update some break in restoring the secured data back to phone
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    i too had same issue till date this is the only possible solution i got

• I have the same problem on my nokia 5. Also wifi problems
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    good new guys found a solution, cleanup all the blocked contacts in sms app and 
    1. clean up cache and data of sms app , do the same for phone and storage 
    which you can find under all apps
    then do a soft reset by volume up+power key
    there you go sms started coming again  :D:):):)
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
  • The only solution worked for me was the "factory reset", now it works smoothly.
  • Tapas Purwar Tapas Purwar
     /  edited February 2019
    Same issue with my nokia 8 sirroco too.
    Even messages are being received on Nokia devices not having android pie.

Please remove Debug ASAP.
  • it really works ..unblock all your number in the message app and soft reset phone by pressing volume up+power key. you will get all OTPs in your phone

• amit_b amit_b
     /  edited February 2019
    As of 11-feb-19 (nokia 5) , only (1) deleting list of blocked contacts and (2) clearing the cache of messaging app under settings> storage > other apps proved sufficient to solve the issue of not receiving OTP SMS es.
  • Solved the issue finally. Unblocked the blocked numbers in contacts. Anyways using sms organizer now.
  • > @dashingheartz said:
    > Unable to receive OTP SMS after updating to android pie on Nokia 8 Sirroco. Any update to fix this bug on my device ASAP shall be appreciated.  Had contacted Nokia chat support the gave me *#*#4636#*#* to update smsc , getting error while updating smsc. Please help

- PLEASE LET ME KNOW , even i face the same issue. This is pathetic
  • Raojee Raojee
     / 
    Any joy on this miserable problem? I’ve tried just about everything on this forum page....still no luck.
  • Unable to receive OTP messages from any online service providers but i am able to receive other personal messages. I am facing this problem after installing OTA Android Pie in my #Nokia8. Any solutions?
  • imtech imtech
     / 
    > @Sri-639 said:
    > good new guys found a solution, cleanup all the blocked contacts in sms app and 
    > 1. clean up cache and data of sms app , do the same for phone and storage 
    > which you can find under all apps
    > then do a soft reset by volume up+power key
    > there you go sms started coming again  :D :) :) :)

I got it by doing so
  • Shaheer Ali MM Shaheer Ali MM
    ✭✭  / 
    Sri-639 Its not working still am not able receive OTP.
  • Kavana Kavana
     / 
    This works guys.

clean up cache and data of sms app , do the same for phone and storage
  • Hi,

I was having the same issue and I tried these steps from above but that didn't work for me.
    Then I emailed Nokia Support, and followed their instructions and that solved my OTP problem. Here it is:
    "Please open your phone app, then choose the menu 3 dots in the right corner - Settings - Blocked numbers and check if there are some block numbers, related to your bank.<div>
    </div><div>If not, please proceed with the following steps:</div><div>
    </div><div>1. Please go to: Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> See all apps - three dots -> Show system ->Carrier service -> Storage -> Cache -> Clear cache.</div><div>
    </div><div>2. Please go to: Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> See all apps - three dots -> Show system ->Message app -> Storage -> Cache -> Clear cache.</div><div>
    </div><div>3. Please press at the same time Power button and Volume UP button, release them when you feel a vibrate and see "Powered by Android" on the screen.</div><div> </div><div>*Make sure that the device is not plugged to the charger while doing this."

Hope this helps.</div>
  • i have the same issue after updating to pie.. this is bullshit... how the **** we should trust such a bogus update.. in which you can not even receive OTP.. this is really stupid.. resolve this ASAP
  • Same issue. Any solution, please? Desperate situation. Thanks to Namo Demo we are all on online payments now.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Hi @user1526127646266 have you tried the solution posted in the second comment above yours by @I am Groot I am Groot ?

• Resolved. Remove all your blocked contacts, clear messages cache, do a soft reset. I'm receiving OTP texts.
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Sri-639">Sri-639</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">good new guys found a solution, cleanup all the blocked contacts in sms app and 
    there you go sms started coming again  :D :) :) :)</div>
    </blockquote>
    Thanks, helped me resolve this issue. It's was frustrating getting no support from Nokia and operator teams.👍