Nokia 5 Pie 9.0 - Page 2

(Quote) 

Nokia 5 Pie 9.0

Comments

• anmolnikhil said: this is official android pie 9.0

Ali said:
    Did anybody knows that the Internal Pie Beta for Nokia 5 2017 will get Official Android Pie 9.0 TA 1053 or not
    don't know

• Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    UK, TA-1024 on GiffGaff (O2) but not received Pie yet. I think the carrier has to allow the deployment. Maybe a factory reset will prompt the update (it worked for Oreo) but I will try that later, after work and update my findings here.
  • Gold2ooT said:
    UK, TA-1024 on GiffGaff (O2) but not received Pie yet. I think the carrier has to allow the deployment. Maybe a factory reset will prompt the update (it worked for Oreo) but I will try that later, after work and update my findings here.
    On success, please check if you can enable swipe gesture navigation. Looks like this has been disabled in the build. I am on TA-1024 and cannot find an entry in Settings->System->Gestures->...    . Greetings from Germany ;)
  • Has anyone got pie update on nokia 5 in Pakistan?
  • Dorian D Dorian D
    ✭✭  / 

:/
  • Dorian D said:

Dorian D I reserved my phone just for the arrival of Pie and I'M still waiting for it for the last 10hrs it's 21:18hrs in south Africa
  • besi besi
    ✭✭  / 
    HI when Comes the Update in Austria or Germany
  • Dorian D said:

Dorian D I reserved my phone just for the arrival of Pie and I'M still waiting for it for the last 10hrs it's 21:18hrs in south Africa
    Show me ur device build number?
  • Geofrey Gachie Geofrey Gachie
     /  edited January 2019
    Would a VPN trick work so as to cheat the system that the phone is in India for instance so as to receive the update ?

Its possible , i am currently downloading the update .
    Steps 

1. Remove your SIM card
    2. Go to settings and clear : Google App, Google Framework, Google Play Services, Location Service
    3. Reboot
    4. Open vpn with country India (Using VPN Master)
    5. Go to update and check it 

PS. If it doesn't work try it 2 or 3 times the procedure
  • besi said:
    HI when Comes the Update in Austria or Germany
    Habs gestern morgen 11:00 erhalten, TA-1053 (DE)
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Would a VPN trick work so as to cheat the system that the phone is in India for instance so as to receive the update ?

Steps 

1. Remove your SIM card
    2. Go to settings and clear : Google App, Google Framework, Google Play Services, Location Service
    3. Reboot

What do you mean by "clear in no. 2? Is it clear cache or clear data?
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:

Steps 

1. Remove your SIM card
    3. Reboot

What do you mean by "clear in no. 2? Is it clear cache or clear data?
    Tried 3 times but not working. What model did you try this on? TA-1053 or TA-1024?
  • Reynard Reynard
     /  edited January 2019
    Mad Ossor said:
    Got the Pie update for the Nokia 5 (TA-1024), and I have to say I am impressed. The phone is not only on Android 9 now, it's much faster now. Looks like Nokia resolved some long standing performance problems with this update. On the bad side however, I don't see where to activate swipe gesture navigation, it seems the option for it has been disabled in this build. Or do I miss something?
    I'm surprised you find the phone much faster? In what actions do you find that? For me, the phone feels a little slower, if anything. And what bugs were fixed?

I'm having problems with battery drain now (up to 10% loss in an hour), where I could run the phone easily for almost two days on Oreo. Also, the UI is so ugly, I wonder if I can get used to it at all. Only the task switcher seems to be an improvement (in my view).

For now, I'm considering using my old Motorola again.
  • Hey everyone! Battery consumption went up the roof on my Nokia 8 as well on Android Pie.

Lasted about 2 days in Oreo, while now it's a miracle if I get through the day (comparison under same user behaviour and app usage on both Android versions).

Hopefully something gets done about this.
  • Hey everyone! Battery consumption went up the roof on my Nokia 8 as well on Android Pie.

Lasted about 2 days in Oreo, while now it's a miracle if I get through the day (comparison under same user behaviour and app usage on both Android versions).

Hopefully something gets done about this.
    Same here, as mentioned earlier. Do Nokia engineers monitor issues on this forum? Or should we report bugs somewhere else?
  • Reynard said:
    Mad Ossor said:
    Got the Pie update for the Nokia 5 (TA-1024), and I have to say I am impressed. The phone is not only on Android 9 now, it's much faster now. Looks like Nokia resolved some long standing performance problems with this update. On the bad side however, I don't see where to activate swipe gesture navigation, it seems the option for it has been disabled in this build. Or do I miss something?
    I'm surprised you find the phone much faster? In what actions do you find that? For me, the phone feels a little slower, if anything. And what bugs were fixed?

I'm having problems with battery drain now (up to 10% loss in an hour), where I could run the phone easily for almost two days on Oreo. Also, the UI is so ugly, I wonder if I can get used to it at all. Only the task switcher seems to be an improvement (in my view).

For now, I'm considering using my old Motorola again.

Have I already mentioned that the forum interface is pretty sh*tty :) ? And, yes, my Nokia 5 feels _much_ faster than on Oreo. Of course that's only subjective. For example, unlocking with fingerprint (when it works at all) is much faster than before, apps come up faster and there is no stuttering when switching apps. I still have to make a point here: this got better. Also, of course, I haven't measured it, but I don't have battery drain when I compare it to Oreo. It lasts as long as before, as far as I can say that, since I have the update. All other problems you report I see too, with the failing fingerprint sensor being a blocker for me. In addition today I had a hard crash, phone halted and there was no way other than shutdown to save it. But I have not yet reproduced it.
  • Reynard Reynard
     /  edited January 2019
    Mad Ossor said:

Have I already mentioned that the forum interface is pretty sh*tty :) ? And, yes, my Nokia 5 feels _much_ faster than on Oreo. Of course that's only subjective. For example, unlocking with fingerprint (when it works at all) is much faster than before, apps come up faster and there is no stuttering when switching apps. I still have to make a point here: this got better. Also, of course, I haven't measured it, but I don't have battery drain when I compare it to Oreo. It lasts as long as before, as far as I can say that, since I have the update. All other problems you report I see too, with the failing fingerprint sensor being a blocker for me. In addition today I had a hard crash, phone halted and there was no way other than shutdown to save it. But I have not yet reproduced it.
    Ok, thanks for your reply. I kind of agree with you on the forum interface, I find it pretty ugly indeed with those rounded childish elements.

My phone was actually running pretty fast on Oreo as well. Fingerprint unlock was instant. I don't have that many apps installed, so maybe that matters. I must say switching between apps via the Recent screen is maybe a bit faster. The screen itself seems faster as well. But often when I want to switch to a recent app, all apps have been cleared by the system.

I also noticed that taking a picture takes a long time. The camera app starts quite fast, but taking the first picture after the app has started takes a few seconds. I have a very fast SD card, so that's not the problem. To be honest, I have noticed this on Oreo as well, but not often.
  • Mad Ossor Mad Ossor
     /  edited January 2019
    Reynard said:
    Mad Ossor said:

Ok, thanks for your reply. I kind of agree with you on the forum interface, I find it pretty ugly indeed with those rounded childish elements.

My phone was actually running pretty fast on Oreo as well. Fingerprint unlock was instant. I don't have that many apps installed, so maybe that matters. I must say switching between apps via the Recent screen is maybe a bit faster. The screen itself seems faster as well. But often when I want to switch to a recent app, all apps have been cleared by the system.

I also noticed that taking a picture takes a long time. The camera app starts quite fast, but taking the first picture after the app has started takes a few seconds. I have a very fast SD card, so that's not the problem. To be honest, I have noticed this on Oreo as well, but not often.
    On Oreo, I had to disable all UI animations in developer mode, otherwise it was much too slow for me. On Pie, I don't have to do this, it works (subjectivly) as fast as Oreo with disabled UI animations.

I am wondering about the battery drain reports. I don't see a difference to Oreo at all, not better, but not worse too.
  • Has anyone in South Africa got the Pie update on the Nokia 5?
  • Connected the phone to recharge on USB, after around 20 minutes the fingerprint reader stops reacting. Still don't know what triggered it.
  • Does anyone know how we can make Nokia aware of these showstopping bugs?
  • PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on airplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM (after around 8 hours) and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
    anyone noticed the battery drain issue?
  • PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on airplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM (after around 8 hours) and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
    yes bhai.. that's why I wants to rollback to Oreo 8.1 With Latest SP
  • L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on airplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM (after around 8 hours) and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
    But i don't have such problem of battery draining as i running Internal Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5 1053 V6.12C...
    Then why the official build have such issues and software bugs, but Nokia 5 will certainly gets one more Pie updates which will fix the UI and fingerprint issue as users highlighted the issue on the community.
    I was in favor of Nokia 5 to gets at least Pie beta tester that we test the build before they're release official build...
  • yaa
  • Someone in Spain has received Android Pie?
  • Ali said:
    PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on airplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM (after around 8 hours) and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
    But i don't have such problem of battery draining as i running Internal Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5 1053 V6.12C...
    Then why the official build have such issues and software bugs, but Nokia 5 will certainly gets one more Pie updates which will fix the UI and fingerprint issue as users highlighted the issue on the community.
    I was in favor of Nokia 5 to gets at least Pie beta tester that we test the build before they're release official build...
    bro did you face the battery drain issue -  7-8 % in 7-8 hours at night while on aeroplane mode wi
  • I have not Android pie update 
  • Is Nokia 5 2017 Android 9.0 Update only rolling out in India?