Nokia 5 Pie 9.0 - Page 3

(Quote) 
No bro i dont have such issue as battery draining...

Nokia 5 Pie 9.0

Comments

• L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ali said:
    PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on airplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM (after around 8 hours) and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
    anyone noticed the battery drain issue?
    yes bhai.. that's why I wants to rollback to Oreo 8.1 With Latest SP
    But i don't have such problem of battery draining as i running Internal Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5 1053 V6.12C...
    Then why the official build have such issues and software bugs, but Nokia 5 will certainly gets one more Pie updates which will fix the UI and fingerprint issue as users highlighted the issue on the community.
    I was in favor of Nokia 5 to gets at least Pie beta tester that we test the build before they're release official build...
    bro did you face the battery drain issue -  7-8 % in 7-8 hours at night while on aeroplane mode wi
    No bro i dont have such issue as battery draining...
  • Got it. (India)
    Search for updates you'll definitely get it. 
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Got it. (India)
    Which model TA-1024 or TA-1053?
  • i am still using my nokia 5 (android pie) approx since morning but screen on time is still 2hrs 32 mins instead of approx 3:30 hrs.😂
    bugs everywhere in pie..😑😶👎
  • Got update pie in LahorePunjabPakistan 
  • I received pie update in LahorePunjabPakistan
  • MKD said:
    I received pie update in LahorePunjabPakistan
    Screenshot?
  • L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Not yet receive in Pakistan i checked TA 1053.
  • Not yet in South Africa
  • macmuga 09 macmuga 09
    ✭✭  / 
    Am from Tanzania, using my Nokia 5 (2017) TA-1053 .. but still not yet to get a pie🥧 update
  • L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    All updates are on phased dears please keep patience and some hopes all will get Pie...
  • Nada no meu Nokia 5 TA 1053 no Brasil 🇧🇷 
  • Has anyone got pie update on nokia 5 in Pakistan?
    No
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Taken from Nokia 5 XDA forum (Both TA-1024 and TA-1053 compatible)
    I can confirm it works for TA-1024 (I'm in the UK)

1. Install ExpressVPN from play store.
    2. Turn off the location (you can disable it in the notifications tiles), and the wifi. After this turn off the phone and remove the sim card(s).
    3. Turn on the phone, go to settings, storage, internal storage, and select other apps. At the top right corner enable to show system apps.
    4. Select Google app and clear cache and all data.
    5. Select Google Play Services and clear cache and all data.
    6. Select Google Services Framework and clear cache and all data.
    7. Select Location Services and clear cache and all data.
    8. Reboot the phone and open ExpressVPN. Turn on wifi, and select the free trial, give an e-mail address, then select the Netherlands server.
    9. Go settings and search update. If it work, you will see the Pie update.
  • Dear friends, does anybody receive Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5 - 2017, the updates rolled out today by Mr Juho announced on Twitter.
    HELLO FRIEND, DO NOT WORRY.

IF YOU FOLLOW THE INDICATIONS THAT ARE SHOWN IN THE VIDEO LINK THAT COMES AT THE END OF THE COMMENT, WHERE VPN IS USED TO OBTAIN VERSION 9 FOR NOKIA 8 SIROCCO, YOU WILL ALSO HAVE IT IMMEDIATELY.

THIS METHOD WORKS FOR ALL NOKIA WITH ANDROID.

IT IS VERY WELL EXPLAINED.

I recommend it 100%.

INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN HERE.
    SEE THE VIDEO ALSO

1) Make a phone format to the factory settings. 
     2) Remove the SIM card from the phone once the formatting has been done:
     3) select the preferred language once you start the phone.
     4) Connect your phone to a WIFI network.
     5) Log in to your Google account.
     6) omit and omit the fingerprint registration, as well as the password (do not worry at the end of the process, you can activate them)
     7) uncheck the boxes of the Google service (do not worry at the end of the process, you can activate them)
     8) Go to the Google store, download the VPN EXPRESS application and install it on your phone. 9) Go to the configuration or configuration section, then go to the SECURITY AND LOCATION section, and disable the LOCATION.
     10) reuse the VPN application, open it and place your mail as a simple record (insert an email that you have never registered in this application)
     11) Go back to the VPN application and run it and then press (OK)
     12 =) Select the country of (INDIA) click on it and wait for vpn to connect to the locality of that country.
     13) THERE WILL BE the configuration area, then go to the (system) section, enter the (update system) section and then run the update search and finally you will get the latest version of ANDROID 9.0

• L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I successfully installed Android Pie 9.0 V6.12E official build manually, really some features are completely missing in official build.
    The version 6.12C which was spotted in Internal Android Pie have full Pro Camera features, instead the Official Pie V6.12E Pro Mode Missing, Battery Life did not improved, Apps consumes more RAM as was expected in Internal Android Pie V6.12C.
    Fingerprint sensors sometimes does not works as show "Not Matched" but dears friends rush out here and report these bugs to HMD to fix in next Pie Updates. 
  • Ali said:
    I successfully installed Android Pie 9.0 V6.12E official build manually, really some features are completely missing in official build.
    The version 6.12C which was spotted in Internal Android Pie have full Pro Camera features, instead the Official Pie V6.12E Pro Mode Missing, Battery Life did not improved, Apps consumes more RAM as was expected in Internal Android Pie V6.12C.
    Fingerprint sensors sometimes does not works as show "Not Matched" but dears friends rush out here and report these bugs to HMD to fix in next Pie Updates. 
    When next updates pushed to Nokia 5 users
  • L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As much as we reports bugs fast dear Bro...

• L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    At least beta labs should opened for Nokia 5 before release of official build, this helps us and HMD to fixes such annoying bugs as we now encounters in official Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5, dear friends please report these bugs ASAP and fast to HMD and fixes such bugs.
  • bluetoothsk bluetoothsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm glad I haven't got the update because it looks like using Pie is like stepping in a dog ****
  • user1521927854711 user1521927854711
     /  edited January 2019
    Dear friends, does anybody receive Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5 - 2017, the updates rolled out today by Mr Juho announced on Twitter.
    HELLO FRIEND, DO NOT WORRY.

IF YOU FOLLOW THE INDICATIONS THAT ARE SHOWN IN THE VIDEO LINK THAT COMES AT THE END OF THE COMMENT, WHERE VPN IS USED TO OBTAIN VERSION 9 FOR NOKIA 8 SIROCCO, YOU WILL ALSO HAVE IT IMMEDIATELY.

THIS METHOD WORKS FOR ALL NOKIA WITH ANDROID.

IT IS VERY WELL EXPLAINED.

I recommend it 100%.

INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN HERE.
    SEE THE VIDEO ALSO

1) Make a phone format to the factory settings. 
     2) Remove the SIM card from the phone once the formatting has been done:
     3) select the preferred language once you start the phone.
     4) Connect your phone to a WIFI network.
     5) Log in to your Google account.
     6) omit and omit the fingerprint registration, as well as the password (do not worry at the end of the process, you can activate them)
     7) uncheck the boxes of the Google service (do not worry at the end of the process, you can activate them)
     8) Go to the Google store, download the VPN EXPRESS application and install it on your phone. 9) Go to the configuration or configuration section, then go to the SECURITY AND LOCATION section, and disable the LOCATION.
     10) reuse the VPN application, open it and place your mail as a simple record (insert an email that you have never registered in this application)
     11) Go back to the VPN application and run it and then press (OK)
     12 =) Select the country of (INDIA) click on it and wait for vpn to connect to the locality of that country.
     13) THERE WILL BE the configuration area, then go to the (system) section, enter the (update system) section and then run the update search and finally you will get the latest version of ANDROID 9.0

It worked for me! :D

TA1053 Nokia 5 Portugal

Many thank's to Habibah Emman 

• Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    FYI Gesture navigation is not available for phones with capacitive navigation buttons.
  • Gold2ooT said:
    Got it. (India)
    Which model TA-1024 or TA-1053?
    But its not downloading, just show waiting for Wi-Fi.
  • Ali said:
    PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on airplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM (after around 8 hours) and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
    anyone noticed the battery drain issue?
    yes bhai.. that's why I wants to rollback to Oreo 8.1 With Latest SP
    But i don't have such problem of battery draining as i running Internal Android Pie 9.0 for Nokia 5 1053 V6.12C...
    Then why the official build have such issues and software bugs, but Nokia 5 will certainly gets one more Pie updates which will fix the UI and fingerprint issue as users highlighted the issue on the community.
    I was in favor of Nokia 5 to gets at least Pie beta tester that we test the build before they're release official build...
    bro did you face the battery drain issue -  7-8 % in 7-8 hours at night while on aeroplane mode without a single second's screen on ??
  • MKD said:
    Got update pie in LahorePunjabPakistan 

Has anyone got pie update on nokia 5 in Pakistan?
    No
    No .
  • besi besi
    ✭✭  / 
    the update comes out next week for the other regions
  • user1518380741872 user1518380741872
    ✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    I also recieved it in india and the phone feels much more faster than it was on Oreo....impressed with work of hmd....
  • Android pie update on nokia 5 is not available in my country yet, but it is available in India. So,
  • Android pie update on nokia 5 is not available in my country yet, but it is available in India. So, if I install a VPN and connect it to India and turn off my device location and then check for system updates and the update comes, will that update be official and valid? And will I continue to get updates without proxy or will i have to use vpn every time for the update?
  • Has anyone got pie update on nokia 5 in Pakistan?
    No
    No