Share your thoughts on the recent Pie Update on Nokia 5. Are there any bugs? - Page 3

Country: Serbia, model: TA-1053. Pie update: January 28 (V 6.12E)

Share your thoughts on the recent Pie Update on Nokia 5. Are there any bugs?

Comments

• Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  /  edited February 3
    Country: Serbia, model: TA-1053. Pie update: January 28 (V 6.12E)

I see many people complaining about the Pie and I was pretty concerned before the update reading all those comments, but fortunately I haven't faced any issues with Pie. Battery consumption is identical as it was on Oreo, standby drain is somewhere around 1% per 1 hour (just a bit more, 10% in 9 hours, with Wi-Fi/data on of course). Fingerprint sensor works every time (after restart too), I have added 4 fingerprints. No volume or vibration issues.
    If you ask me I see only positive sides with this update: significantly smoother performance, ability to uninstall unnecessary (in my case) apps such as Chinese/Hindi keyboards and similar stuff which could only be disabled in Oreo but not completely removed, there's no bloatware system apps unable to get it work (Weather for example), if I'm not wrong Pie took less storage space (not by much, but still, we have only 16GB, everything counts), dark theme isn't related to wallpaper anymore, Lift to check phone is an awesome new feature, storage shows correct numbers in Settings menu (for example 4.06 GB free...total used 11.94) which wasn't the case at all with Oreo...

Only thing that I miss from Oreo is icon style in Settings menu and Quick access, monochrome style. These colored ones are slightly childish to me, but it's not that big of a deal.
  • Guirri Guirri
    ✭✭  / 
    what is strange is that from 7.1 to 7.1.2 to 8.0 to 8.1 to 9 the users are complaining about the same things
  • Chokugin Chokugin
    ✭✭  / 
    I have no problems with the Pie update, my TA 1053 runs smoothly now

• Shaheer Ali MM Shaheer Ali MM
    ✭✭  / 
    In my Nokia 5 after pie update not receiving otp is it the bug any body having this kind of issue. Is there any fix for this . :(
  • Dilshad1234 Dilshad1234
    ✭✭  / 
    When does Nokia next update will come
  • Sri-639 Sri-639
    ✭✭  / 
    the solution is cleanup the blocked contacts in sms app, refer to my other article i posted.
    who has no blocked contact then it will work fine.
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  / 
    Sri-639 said:
    the solution is cleanup the blocked contacts in sms app, refer to my other article i posted.
    I have a few blocked numbers, 6 or 7, no problem at all. 
    Beside lower (as possible) number of apps installed, I think everyone should add as much as possible number of apps to Battery>Adaptive Battery>Restricted app list. Also, disabling unnecessary notifications could improve performance a little bit.
  • after updating my phone to android pie i get an error on gear s3 smartwatch, instead of the name/number of the caller it's written  "invalid utf 8". previously was working fine. also with other phones running android 8 is working well. resetting both, no use
  • After upgrading Nokia 5 os to pie
     it's not switching off  alarm in on go sometimes it just keeps ringing even after u switch it off,
    battery draining faster plz solve these issues in next update
    I have always preferred nokia over many more smartphone  brands just keep it as it is.

• Anyone else having sound issues after the Pie update?

My speaker is sounding more "metallic" after the upgrade, and it is especially noticeable on the "Ceres" message tone, which I use for my What'sApp. Just try Ceres, at max volume, and see if you have that weird metallic echo, as I do.

But, if you pay attention, you will notice that the speaker sound quality dropped, particularly at max volume. Just play your favorite song, and notice the difference. :(

Hopefully they will fix this soon. 
  • Guirri Guirri
    ✭✭  / 
    yo estoy ahora en 7.1.2 enero y creo que me voy a quedar con esto
    Todo funciona bastante bien y tengo batería hasta casi 3 días con un uso como movil y MP3 player
  • Koush Koush
    ✭✭  / 
    I have tested nokia 5 beta version pie by XDA method.. Its worked good for me.. But i did not satiesfied with camera performance and some feture. .. I am missing about some setting like as network icon. I thought nokia 5 pie update will add this feture like as nokia 5 nought.. 

Finally i have downgrage my nokia 5 beta pie to nought 7.1.1. And i have get every month security update. Now oreo 8.1.1 december security patch.. But have not found official pie in my country Bangladesh.. When it will roll out for all country. .????
    How did u downgrade to Nougat??
  • Koush Koush
    ✭✭  / 
    Pattern visible in lock screen in few instances in Nokia 5, even when pattern visibility is disabled
  • Reynard Reynard
     /  edited February 5
    Anyone also having the problem of apps that freeze for a while after they have been started? After the Pie update, the phone feels smoother, except for some apps that freeze for maybe 10-20 seconds after starting.

Nokia have mentioned in an e-mail that they will be working on an update as the battery drain is a problem with Android Pie.
  • Guirri Guirri
    ✭✭  / 
    Koushal said:
    I have tested nokia 5 beta version pie by XDA method.. Its worked good for me.. But i did not satiesfied with camera performance and some feture. .. I am missing about some setting like as network icon. I thought nokia 5 pie update will add this feture like as nokia 5 nought.. 

Finally i have downgrage my nokia 5 beta pie to nought 7.1.1. And i have get every month security update. Now oreo 8.1.1 december security patch.. But have not found official pie in my country Bangladesh.. When it will roll out for all country. .????
    How did u downgrade to Nougat??

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-5

• Worst upgrade ever, once upgrade finished the battery drained very fast and then I won't be able to charge my phone anymore, It charges only at 1% ane even connected to the power source it turns off in less than a minute. Probably my Nokia 5 phone is dead because of the upgrade to Android 9. 
  • There is an Major Issues I face are :-

1.Everytime I Restart my Device my saved Fingerprints are gone... it seems like no fingerprints are saved before...

2.Everytime I Restart my Device my Ringtone and My notification sound is changed into Default Sounds.

3.Device gets more Heat when compared on Oreo

Anyone pls Help me...

My Email Id : [email protected]
  • My advice is to hold off updating until they fix the bugs. It's not interesting to input fingerprint scans every time  the phone battery drains. I also have noticed I can't receive messages from certain numbers, because they 'contain blocked contacts' though I haven't blocked the contacts. Attempts to unblock do not work. Nokia, this is really disappointing. I wonder what more bugs I'll discover 😐
  • Sri-639 said:
    This works. Thanks Sri-639.

Though now I have all those blocked contacts bugging me again🙄. I guess I can live with that.
  • Muth Muth
     / 
    After updated to pie, the settings is getting crashed . So im bot able to select that option. Not able yo go to sound features

• After the pie update, it happens some times that despite I hear those who call me, they can not hear me. I checked the microphones and they are working fine. I also tried a soft reset but the problem fixed only temporarily. Has anyone else faced the same issue?
  • I've lost "equalizer" setting in Google Music, and audio in headphones started to sound weird, overprocessed. My Bluetooth speaker, Sony XB10 has a problem with sound level control - it works only from the speaker side. Once I ejected wired headphones, but the music continued to play loudly - a bit embarrasing. I guess, there is a problem with audio card driver.
  • metalgreymon metalgreymon
    ✭✭  / 
    El ecualizador no funciona :(
  • Freeze restart freeze restart.....need fix
  • I've lost "equalizer" setting in Google Music, and audio in headphones started to sound weird, overprocessed. My Bluetooth speaker, Sony XB10 has a problem with sound level control - it works only from the speaker side. Once I ejected wired headphones, but the music continued to play loudly - a bit embarrasing. I guess, there is a problem with audio card driver.
    I'm also having a lot of bluetooth problems. I have to relink my BT headphones every day because when I turn them on the volume is very low, even at the highest volume level.
  • They need to approve my message (5 massage), I change account...

Please, it is protest for hmd. Write in this topic
    *HMD, talk with us!*
    Today we (Nokia 8) tomorrow, you...

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/42471/revolution-protest-for-hmd#latest

HMD, talk with us!

Help me please...
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  /  edited February 9
    About battery drain...
    It's all about the apps. Last night I have turned off Facebook and Messenger running in background. Battery was 97%, and after 9 hours woke up with 94%. I was surprised, great numbers without any doubt. Only 3 apps that I left running in background are Outlook, Viber and Skype. I don't have Instagram or any other social media app beside Facebook, but I can assume those apps draining battery faster than others. Try switching them off. If you're heavy social media user, sorry.
  • Time is currently in my upper left corner, before update it was in the right corner. How could I change this?
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  / 
    Time is currently in my upper left corner, before update it was in the right corner. How could I change this?
    Unfortunately no solution for that. You'll get used to it. I also thought it was ugly at first, but now I'm totally okay with clock on the left.
  • alexium 67 alexium 67
    ✭✭  / 
    Adaptive battery toggling on itself after some time even if I disabled it by my own hand.