Share your thoughts on the recent Pie Update on Nokia 5. Are there any bugs? - Page 4

I want to know wether my  phone is updated to latest update.  Always it's android 9 only not with versions.???

Share your thoughts on the recent Pie Update on Nokia 5. Are there any bugs?

Comments

• I want to know wether my  phone is updated to latest update.  Always it's android 9 only not with versions.???
  • > @Gamaliel said:
    > Worst upgrade ever, once upgrade finished the battery drained very fast and then I won't be able to charge my phone anymore, It charges only at 1% ane even connected to the power source it turns off in less than a minute. Probably my Nokia 5 phone is dead because of the upgrade to Android 9. 

I have the same issue! it is impossible to use the phone also if it is connected to the power supply
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ONE month later (from the last post) how is the BUG list on PIE upgrade?

Also, some users are *NOT* experiencing problems!! I know here are at least 2 hardware versions of the Nokia 5 (i got them both!) - the latest had a different camera firmware that caused the OUT OF FOCUS bug (had to be patched by nokia later on) and maybe it's back on PIE.

Anyway, UPDATE to PIE or not?
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  /  edited March 23
    I guess many of you read the news these days about that guy from Norway, and how his Nokia 7 Plus sent some of his user data to some Chinese servers without his knowledge etc...
    Well, few clicks further and I have discover something interesting called Evenwell. Many of you know about it, I didn't pay attention till two days ago. 
    For those who don't know, Evenwell apps (com.evenwell) are system apps on all Nokia's. There's a pretty big debate about com.evenwell apps, different opinions of course...are they bloatware or not, are they important system apps, why in first place those apps even exists on our devices etc...
    Anyway I have decided to disable them all and see what will be. With system, well, nothing. All system apps (phone, messages, camera etc) works without any issues.
    But, performance and battery...just to clarify, I was happy with my Nokia 5 performance before too...but oh boy, I have a (probably subjective) feeling that this isn't Nokia 5 anymore, but 6 at least, if not 7. Much, much smoother performance. Battery "drain" is 8% in 17 hours, although with only 15 minutes screen on time, but anyway, amazing.
    I don't know should I enable some of the Evenwell apps, what am I missing if I leave them disabled...if someone knows better please let us all know.
    Thanks in advance.
  • A lot of posts, so I don't know if anyone posted the following. Although battery drain is a bit higher, it's not an issue, but my issue are the USSD Codes, those whichever are connected to my provider. Internal codes work fine. Contacted support, but they were unable to help, they just told me yo wait for march SP, and still no changes. Second issue is the camera, but not the app, probably a driver issue, since when it crashes, cannot access camera or flash with any app, unless I restart my phone. Beyond that I didn't stumble upon any othrr issues.