Since Nokia 5 (2017) now run on Complete Pie, why not Nokia 8?

Nokia 5 (2017) has same front design like Nokia 8. It also has physical buttons & doesn't also run on Android one programme.

Since Nokia 5 (2017) now run on Complete Pie, why not Nokia 8?

Conqueror Conqueror
✭✭✭  / 
Nokia 5 (2017) has same front design like Nokia 8. It also has physical buttons & doesn't also run on Android one programme. Since the finished Pie has been released on this midrange device with all Heroic features, what is delaying same on the flagship Nokia 8? I hope Nokia staff will respond to this..

Comments

• eelis eelis
    ✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    Nokia 5 (2017) has same front design like Nokia 8. It also has physical buttons & doesn't also run on Android one programme. Since the finished Pie has been released on this midrange device with all Heroic features, what is delaying same on the flagship Nokia 8? I hope Nokia staff will respond to this..
    I think you have a very very long wait ahead of you...

-eelis-
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD said a more complete (beta) build was coming in January and the current version of 9 was only released to satisfy the desire for it, they also acknowledged it was just the beta minus the feedback app.

Will it happen? Who knows, nothing else has happened beta wise so it does make you nervous but as it stands we don't have any choice other than hope that what they said was indeed correct.

Cant say i am bothered about adaptive battery because even after 15 months my battery life is still extremely good and i regularly get 8 hours SOT. Digital Wellbeing is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, i know i spend too much time on my phone and i don't need a nanny to tell me. That said these functions should be available for the people that clearly want them.

However the compass bug is extremely annoying and should have been patched sharpish like. It is a basic function of the hardware and not an added bell or whistle. Sadly i am not confident it will ever be right such has my faith in HMD drained away.
  • @Herrbelter WHO GIVES YOU THIS INFORMATION? A NEW "BETA" FOR THE 8 IN JANUARY???

Sarvikas told us, Pie "Beta" for the 8 "works perfect"  😀😀😀 But, it isn't TRUE!!!! They are not interessted in our problems, and on her FLAGSHIP. 

We will get the January-securitypatch. And that it will be. The "old" 8 is for HMD/ Nokia history. 😡

And for me is Nokia history. I can't hear the false words of Juho Sarvikas via Twitter.  No more. 😡😡😡
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Herrbelter WHO GIVES YOU THIS INFORMATION? A NEW "BETA" FOR THE 8 IN JANUARY???
    OK i'll hold my hands up, i suppose it depends on how you interpret the email they sent out to beta testers. It said beta testers would receive the next security patch and followed by another maintenance release, the next security update was for January.

Many thanks for being part of the Android™ 9 Pie Nokia phones beta labs program with your Nokia 8. Thanks to your valuable feedback, the official release will soon be ready and available to millions of users.

If you wish, you can roll back to Android Oreo™ to get the official Android 9 Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Android 9 Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Android 9 Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Anyone know how to get pie through VPN
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Herrbelter WHO GIVES YOU THIS INFORMATION? A NEW "BETA" FOR THE 8 IN JANUARY???

Sarvikas told us, Pie "Beta" for the 8 "works perfect"  😀😀😀 But, it isn't TRUE!!!! They are not interessted in our problems, and on her FLAGSHIP. 

We will get the January-securitypatch. And that it will be. The "old" 8 is for HMD/ Nokia history. 😡

And for me is Nokia history. I can't hear the false words of Juho Sarvikas via Twitter.  No more. 😡😡😡
    Where have you got YOUR information from, how would you know that we will only get the January security patch!!!!

We have already been told that a more complete release is coming, when, no one but HMD knows at this point.
  • I know nothing. And, here is nobody, whose knows what HMD will do. I don't say, that it will be so. But, I  believe HMD no more.
  • Steps to install in countries where OTA has not come yet:

1. Install a VPN client from Google Play
    2. Shut down phone and remove SIM card(s)
    3. Restart, head to settings and clear cache and data for Google App, Google Framework, Google Play Services and Location Service
    4. Reboot
    5. Start wifi and open VPN client, chosing as country Germany or Netherlands or India. For me, in Romania, model TA-1053, selecting Germany did the trick
    5. Go to update and check. You may have to repeat this last operation a few times if no luck from first one.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mine is TA1004, and today i will try this Kerdel Green said:
    Steps to install in countries where OTA has not come yet:

1. Install a VPN client from Google Play
    2. Shut down phone and remove SIM card(s)
    3. Restart, head to settings and clear cache and data for Google App, Google Framework, Google Play Services and Location Service
    4. Reboot
    5. Start wifi and open VPN client, chosing as country Germany or Netherlands or India. For me, in Romania, model TA-1053, selecting Germany did the trick
    5. Go to update and check. You may have to repeat this last operation a few times if no luck from first one.