Nokia 3.1 - "Can't install update" to android 8.1

(Image) (Image)

Nokia 3.1 - "Can't install update" to android 8.1

Comments

• *Please Suggest your Help how to Fix this Problem???
  • Dave B Dave B
     /  edited January 24
    The first thing I'd suggest is to make sure your battery is 100% charged before you start and remains plugged in during the upgrade process. I'm sure I read somewhere that upgrades may fail if the phone's battery is below 80%
  • Dave B said:
    The first thing I'd suggest is to make sure your battery is 100% charged before you start and remains plugged in during the upgrade process. I'm sure I read somewhere that upgrades may fail if the phone's battery is below 80%
    I Did Try with 100% battery but it's Remains Same problem .. 

This is Second time when I Received 8.1 update but both time it fails to install .😐😐 
  • The of this phone is very low .The device is 16g but there is nothing i download but the device has 73percent memory. Why is like this,
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello

One options is to backup all you data, pics,files downloads,text messages and factory reset the phone 

Then apply the update 

Regards

Jason
  • have you solved your problem?

What did you do? Factory reset and Installed update?

I am also having the same problem

reply soon
  • > @Digambar Sharma said:
    >
    have you solved your problem?

What did you do? Factory reset and Installed update?

I am also having the same problem

reply soon
  • Having same problem with Nokia 3.1 Trying software upgrade from 8 to pie 9 please help
  • dev01235 dev01235
     / 
    Having same problem with Nokia 3.1 Trying software upgrade from 8 to pie 9 please help
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @dev01235 back up your data and erase your phone the update will finally install
  • shanmuga subramanian shanmuga subramanian
    ✭✭  /  edited April 26
    @masanza I have done as per your instructions. Still, the update is not working. The same message Couldn't update 

Erase your phone means, I did a factory reset. 

Hoe to erase your phone?
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes please do factory reset and erase your phone after that it will install
  • @masanza I done factory reset and I install the update, but still same problem

Couldn't update

Kindly send the solutuon

• @masanza ; Kindly send the  link of  Nokia 3.1 android pie ota zip for download.

I will try to install manually.

• masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @shanmuga subramanian go to settings about phone request for update there you go update make sure you have WiFi to install
  • @masanza ; I have broadband connection in my home. I am doing the update WiFi only.

I done factory reset and I download the update from WiFi only.

Update is download and installed.  After that Phone is  ask to restart. I done restart, after restarting update is not installed the same screen Couldn't update  is showing.

Kindly send the  link of  Nokia 3.1 android pie ota zip for download.

I will try to install manually.
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @shanmuga subramanian take your phone to the Nokia care they will update it for you 
  • Calex Calex
    ✭✭  / 
    Restore factory your phone and check.
  • Mininalist Mininalist
    ✭✭  /  edited July 17
    Just got my lovely Nokia 3.1 today and I am having exactly the same problem. Anyone here can give me on how to fix this?
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Mininalist backup your data and then restart your phone the update should install
  • Mininalist Mininalist
    ✭✭  /  edited July 18
    @masanza I have the exact problem as @shanmuga subramanian. To be exact , I pressed restart now, then it perform vibration 5 times and each time it goes blank and then android one logo. Until the fifth time it follows the Nokia word and the chime, as though it exhausted the tries and start back in Android Oreo.

I don't think there is a Nokia care in Sydney Australia? Is there one?
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Mininalist have you tried placing your phone in the charger? Or try to press the volume down and up again at the same time power key button until you see Nokia logo and your phone will automatically restart 
  • Mininalist Mininalist
    ✭✭  / 
    @masanza, yes hold up vol + power force it to restart but still goes back to boot up in android pie. 
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Mininalist take your phone where you bought it as it comes with 24month warranty they will be able to help you in this situation
  • Mininalist Mininalist
    ✭✭  / 
    @masanza no problem. Thanks.