Android 9 WiFi issues

Issues with Netflix and Twitter when connected to WiFi, not a network issue because bizarrely it works fine when using a VPN, also works fine on mobile data,…

Android 9 WiFi issues

Issues with Netflix and Twitter when connected to WiFi, not a network issue because bizarrely it works fine when using a VPN, also works fine on mobile data, just happened after updating to pie, tried clearing app data, soft reset, WiFi router reset etc.with no success, other users according to Google having same problems, no specific to Nokia 8 sirocco

Comments

• I'm having the same issue. After the OTA update for Android Pie last week on my Nokia 8. 

Connecting via Data connection is fine. I can connect to Netflix, Amazon and Twitter over my wifi from other devices that aren't on Pie yet over Wifi. 
  • Same. Oero was fine but not the December security update and pie. WiFi is no longer working since that .Nokia has no sign to fix that 
  • Máté Maszlag Máté Maszlag
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi having the same issues after updating to "pie" the wifi speed is at a crawl, wifi is having trouble even finding and connecting to networks... Oddly enough if it reaches a point when it does not work at all a hard reset will make it work again although with the very slow wifi speed but then it just stops working afyer a couple of hours.
    It is ridiculous, it has been 2months and still no fix!
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Check your wifi hotspot ap band is 2.4Ghz Or Not.If it's 5Ghz then change it to 2.4Ghz.I found solution for hidden wifi i.e.when we adding hidden wifi network at that time tap on advance options and set yes Hidden Network Option.It will connect hidden wifi network easily after that.
  • My Nokia 6.1 is not recognizing my charger
  • Hi. I've got a Nokia 2.1 and I too am having issues with the amazon app and Netflix app. It seems to have started a while back. I've reset my router a couple of times and I've even done a hard reset on the phone but neither works. Can anyone help me out? I've also contacted Nokia, they replied with a list of questions and tips. I've carried out all the proposed fixes but still no luck. I'd really appreciate any help.
  • UPDATE!! Iv'e just downloaded and installed the latest android update and my problems appear to have been remedied.  
  • PiyushXCoder PiyushXCoder
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm using nokia 5.1+ with latest updates and wifi automatically turns off after 1-2hours of using. And when I try to turn it on again. It keep on turning off. It repeats till I switch the device off. Sometimes it is visible after 15-20minute of using. (TT)😐😐