MTP Driver

I want to transfer files between my Nokia 6 and Windows XP PC via USB cable.

MTP Driver

Bishop Bishop
 /  edited June 2018

I want to transfer files between my Nokia 6 and Windows XP PC via USB cable. However, when I connect my Nokia 6 to my PC, it looks for the appropriate MTP driver. If I cancel it. Nokia 6 would appear as a CD-ROM on my PC. If I double click on it, a dialogue box "Please insert disk" would always appear.

Can somebody point me to where I can obtain the appropriate driver?

Comments

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Windows XP is no longer supported. It is necessary to go at least to Windows 7.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Make sure to allow file transfer on the phone when it prompts for it?
    Unlock the phone either before or after connecting the USB cable (it prompts every time for security reasons).

Does the PC have Internet access if it needs to fetch a driver online?

MTP is an old standard and should still work.

--
    Hans

• Bishop said:

I want to transfer files between my Nokia 6 and Windows XP PC via USB cable. However, when I connect my Nokia 6 to my PC, it looks for the appropriate MTP driver. If I cancel it. Nokia 6 would appear as a CD-ROM on my PC. If I double click on it, a dialogue box "Please insert disk" would always appear.

Can somebody point me to where I can obtain the appropriate driver?

I had the same problem. I did the following to solve that and it worked.

(1) Go to C:\Windows\INF

(2) Type "wpdmtp.inf" in the search bar provided to the right of the address bar in Windows 10.

(3) Once you found it, just right click on it and select install. It will take a very few seconds.

(4) Connect your device to the pc.

Done.

• So far, no luck with Windows XP.
    I upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. Problem is solved.
  • Caution: You may make changes to fileandroid_winusb.inf found inside usb_driver\ (for example, to add support for other devices), however, this will lead to security warnings when you install or upgrade the driver. Making any other changes to the driver files may break the installation process.

• Caution: You may make changes to fileandroid_winusb.inf found inside <a href="https://uptodrivers.com/nokia-6-1-plus-nokia-x6-usb-driver-free-download/1886/">usb_driver</a>\ (for example, to add support for other devices), however, this will lead to security warnings when you install or upgrade the driver. Making any other changes to the driver files may break the installation process.

• m. ahmed m. ahmed
     /  edited March 5

you just want a USB Driver for Nokia 6 

you will find USB Driver and installation process

• bhalobhai bhalobhai
     / 

if USB driver is not working then try to switch the firmware of Nokia 6 .. download firmware from the site called : https://uptofirmware.com/