MR available tomorrow

According to customer care executive tomorrow we ll received MR updates.. its already start rolling out to some of the users.. 

MR available tomorrow

nsakq v30 nsakq v30
✭✭✭  / 
According to customer care executive tomorrow we ll received MR updates.. its already start rolling out to some of the users.. 

Comments

• Jane_Doe Jane_Doe
    ✭✭  / 
    Good news!  :) Thank you for the update!
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭  /  edited January 26
    Seeing is believing...
    Hope the customer support makes sense this time.
    Thanks for the news anyways.
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't think the update will be made available today 🤔
  • Matheo Matheo
    ✭✭  / 
    On sunday?? I don't think  so
  • user1524673972271 user1524673972271
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I highly doubt that
  • diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    to us now..  maintenance update is lot more important than..  security patches.

hope HMD can arrange periodically to solve issues. 
    Speak only for yourself. Security Patches are very important to me, as much as MR.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 27
    nsakq v30 said:
    I highly doubt. Their claim of  "already rolling out to some user" is completely false. HMD updates always roll out either to all users or no one. They never do staged rollouts.

But lets hope for the best. There is an MR update leaked internally so we can defenitely expect an official release soon.
  • wyk said:
    diogenes said:
    wyk said:
    to us now..  maintenance update is lot more important than..  security patches.

hope HMD can arrange periodically to solve issues. 
    Speak only for yourself. Security Patches are very important to me, as much as MR.
    I think with 1 month delay of security patch the phone will be just fine but without fixed bugs it will be nightmare. 
    Yes, I totally agree to you. Because I have a 3 & half year old phone which runs on Android 6. Talking about security patch it is on october 2016. You know what, that phone still runs perfectly fine... The reason is; it is not up to date but at least it doesn't have a ton of bugs. We have to admit that HMD is NOT DOING WELL when it comes to software testing & optimisations. Every single time they update the phone it introduces new bugs. The whole UI stutters every now and then. One plus releases MRs & carefully listens to what their users need. 
  • KSD KSD
    ✭✭  / 
    Hope this MR will fix wifi issue and phone freezing issue
  • vibhor vibhor
    HMDs' customer support executive here in india always sounds like a high school drop out who got a job somehow. They are just so good at speaking but they barely ever sound like a knowledgeable tech person. For them solution to every problem in the phone is a soft reset & "Install as few apps as possible".
    Most of the time they don't even seem to be having basic knowledge about how Android works & when they can't understand the problem they'll just tell you to visit the service centre or they'll talk pure nonsense. I HAVE PROOFS OF THIS ....
    HMD customer support is outsourced in india and its one of the most pathetic support i have encountered. Even their service center is worst.
    These phones are only selling because of brand name NOKIA and android one.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    not to blame anyone....its HMD itself as i always told that....HMD was trying to flood the market with lot of same type of devices. as u knw after releasing 6.1 they released 6.1 plus then 7.1 keeping hardware same. Just to show HMD not behing in edged glass technology they released 8 sirocco & now 8.1. look at each user...none of them is happy....as its too tough to maintain these huge bracket of devices. and by business policy they released AI technology in 7.1 which has SD636. .  n in spite of having SD660 n SD835 7 plus & sirocco didnt get that.

Moral of the story HMD is confused itself & its not so easy to handle a brand NOKIA so easily. 
    In a rush to release new devices , and regular software updates , they are loosing upon the software quality. All the devices have some or the other bug. They are unable to keep up the same old NOKIA promise of quality. But i still appreciate HMD's commitment towards regular security patches.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @vibhor totally agree. The 2019 is gonna be more tough to us as new devices are gonna launched in MWC & naturally focus will be shifted. 
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    @vibhor totally agree. The 2019 is gonna be more tough to us as new devices are gonna launched in MWC & naturally focus will be shifted. 
    It should not matter much to 7 plus users if the upcoming MR update fixes most of the issues. Any device needs at least 3-5 months to be stable enough after a major software rollout. Since 7 plus is PIE and its been 4 months now , we can expect next unstability or a pool of bugs with the next android version (Q) rollout , which is going to be 8-10 months from now. Until then the regular security patches will be released without delays.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    nsakq v30 said:
    Once again , customer care has proved themselves to be non trustworthy. No update released today.  :D :D
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't really know what bugs you all are talking about 🤔
    I faced just one which was battery drain ... Which seems to be fixed a little bit after January Patch. I never faced any WiFi disconnection issue or any other issues which other people post. How come I don't have any of those bugs ?🤔 Or am I the only one with a Nokia 7 plus WITHOUT any bugs ?🤔
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 27
    I faced just one which was battery drain ... Which seems to be fixed a little bit after January Patch. I never faced any WiFi disconnection issue or any other issues which other people post. How come I don't have any of those bugs ?🤔 Or am I the only one with a Nokia 7 plus WITHOUT any bugs ?🤔
    just an instance. .flip ur phone in landscape mode when auto rotation is on..  now is your multi-tasking & app switch working normally via the new gestures.!? are u getting dark navigation bar while dark theme is selected in messages app.!?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @user1531718469943 It is pretty much the same globally. Their staff is not trained to handle any technical questions. So, when you throw technical questions to them, you'll yourself feel bad as to why you even asked that :disappointed:

• vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I even dnt have the battery drain issue. I face only navigation bar color issue. There are many users who are facing other issues.
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30

22nd January I asked them about MR.. see their response.
  • user1524673972271 user1524673972271
    ✭✭✭  / 
    nsakq v30 said:

22nd January I asked them about MR.. see their response.
    Who told you that they will release MR tomorrow?
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30
    26th January when I called their told free number 1800 1028 169 then their executive told me about bug fixing MR already rolled out to some of users bese on IMEI. And we also get within a day or two.
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  / 
    nsakq v30 said:

This support talk like it is AI. But it it more A without I.  :)

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    nsakq v30 said:
    26th January when I called their told free number 1800 1028 169 then their executive told me about bug fixing MR already rolled out to some of users bese on IMEI. And we also get within a day or two.
    when manual update was available & they told the same....a update will definitely be kicked out...but its tough to tell exact date. 
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    just an instance. .flip ur phone in landscape mode when auto rotation is on..  now is your multi-tasking & app switch working normally via the new gestures.!? are u getting dark navigation bar while dark theme is selected in messages app.!?
    Im attaching a screenshot here. I don't use the traditional navbar. I prefer gesture navigation with navbar hidden completely. So, the multitasking issue which you are referring to isn't occuring on my Device. The apps are switching normally even when in landscape mode and auto rotation is on.
    For the other issue, samw. I use gestures with navbar completely hidden. So, there you go. 🤔
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  /