battery issues in pie..!

NOKIA5..PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on aeroplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM ,after around 8 hours and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.

battery issues in pie..!

NOKIA5..
PIE - at night around 11 pm , i put my phone on aeroplane mode and the battery is 61% and i picked my phone at 7 AM ,after around 8 hours and the battery was at 52 %...but on OREO there was actually no battery drain (0- 1% hardly) ....i have been facing this problem from 2 days.
anyone noticed the battery drain issue?

Comments

• sometimes battery statistics behaves abnormal.. suppose after using it 1 hrs the screen on time is showing 1 hrs...and after using further 30 minutes..it stops showing the particular data..it still shows SOT is 1 hrs... after 1 or 2 restarts it doesn't work properly...if anyone using the pie ,note the behviour of battery statistics.
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Left mine on Airplane mode for 5hrs, at 29%. Still on 29% after the 5hrs!
    I have done a factory reset after installing Pie. Just did a full charge and using phone as normal for now. Will see what happens over next few days.
  • JensTX JensTX
     / 
    I'm as glad as i'm not to see that someone like me enocountered that same issue...
  • Phone heats up even while casual usage! This further disables fast charging making the issue even worse..😑😡
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    It's too early to confirm but I having disabled Device Health Services, the battery life "seems" to be much better. If you can't find it under Apps, you will have to select "Show system apps" under "…" in the top left corner.
  • After updating into pie, I am experiencing very poor battery life and in standby mode overnight the battery drains to 7-8%. It feels like Nokia has not gave 3800mah battery in 7plus device. Whereas other cheap manufacturers devices are giving very good battery life on heavy usage with their low capacitive battery as compared to my 7plus. It feels shame.
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Since disabling Device Health Services, only 35% battery used in 7hrs. Wifi on, Bluetooth on, mobile data on, playing local music over Bluetooth for 3hrs, whatsapp, candy crush for 30 mins total and other general browsing. I think it's safe to say that the source of the battery drain has been found, well for me anyway. Give it a try, doesn't cause any issues.
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  / 
    Gold2ooT said:
    Since disabling Device Health Services, only 35% battery used in 7hrs. Wifi on, Bluetooth on, mobile data on, playing local music over Bluetooth for 3hrs, whatsapp, candy crush for 30 mins total and other general browsing. I think it's safe to say that the source of the battery drain has been found, well for me anyway. Give it a try, doesn't cause any issues.

I'm not facing critical batter drain as you can see, I'd say 1% per hour (standby, if we put aside 25 minute call) is okay, but I'll try this for sure. Thank you Gold2ooT.
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Device Health Services has now been updated in the Play Store. And I have re-enabled it. Battery no longer draining excessively. YMMV.
  • Grobar Grobar
    ✭✭  / 
    Is there any difference now when it's enabled, compared to previously disabled DHS?
    Thanks again.