Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) touchscreen getting unresponsive randomly

My Nokia 7 Plus touchscreen gets unresponsive randomly even after the recent January 2019 update. It is getting really annoying, especially while working.

Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1046) touchscreen getting unresponsive randomly

dmt1992 dmt1992
✭✭  / 
My Nokia 7 Plus touchscreen gets unresponsive randomly even after the recent January 2019 update. It is getting really annoying, especially while working. In fact many users have reported this problem with their Nokia 7 Plus smartphones. Fix it or your ratings are gonna go down very much.

Comments

• Marcel PCInfos Marcel PCInfos
    ✭✭  / 
    Same Problems here mostly after loading The phone
  • ash95 ash95
    ✭✭  / 
    Restart device
    Check your screen guard (if applicable) ,when broken or not

• And without a protective glass there is a problem
  • Elot Elot
    ✭✭  /  edited February 6

B) If this has to do with the bottom part of the screen, there are 2 'workarounds' until they fix it.

1) Open the System settings (pull down status screen if needed for that) -> System -> About phone
    Then simply go back and the screen is responsive again untill the next day or so.

2) In System Settings -> Display -> Tap to activate (double tap on screen to activate screen) -> Enable this option.
    Now the screen will not get unresponsive anymore.

I use option 2 since about 2 weeks now, and it works as workaround.
    It does use a little more battery (for me only 3 to 4 percent per day), but i always have about 80% left when i go to bed, so that is no problem for me :-)

Since the upgrade to Pie in december i am already in discussion with Support and they are aware of the problem.
    I also told them about the XDA forum threads about this problem and the workarounds they already had found there.
    The developers are working on it (i hope :-))

• Tridza Tridza
     / 
    Yeah since the january i have the same problem, only in injustice 2 app issued that problem for now (at leadt 2-3 times per day), and sometimes in instagram, but i heavily use both apps
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  / 
    Elot said:

2) In System Settings -> Display -> Tap to activate (double tap on screen to activate screen) -> Enable this option.
    Now the screen will not get unresponsive anymore.

With this option for about week it seems problem is happening less times, but it is not 100% fix. It happened two times with it. I haven't restart phone or done anything, after some time, maybe 15 or 20 minutes everything was normal again.

And what should this double tap to wake screen option do actually? I guess you can wake up phone when screen is off, but on my phone it's not working at all. 
  • klvenky klvenky
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue. Doesn't happen that often but me mostly when I try to slide down the notifications. I week have to use my fingerprint sensor to pull them down mostly
  • purnachandra purnachandra
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also facing this screen freeze issue.ita very annoying .#HmdGlobal please provide any fix asap