Will nokia have a custom UI?

Will nokia have a custom interface like other manufacturers? (e.g Samsung , Huawei)

Will nokia have a custom UI?

Will nokia have a custom interface like other manufacturers? (e.g Samsung , Huawei)

Best Answer

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    No, all Nokia phones comes with pure and unaltered Stock Android without bloatware and other custom features. Now, almost all of the devices released last year was Android One branded phones from Nokia which even makes the claim for pure android stronger with a promise of faster updates. So, I think Nokia has no plan for Custom User Interface on their phones as of now. But, who knows they might change their mind someday.

Answers

• todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Totally agree @wilson shrestha I wonder if they thought of developing their own launcher with a bit more customization that can be downloaded separate with a bit more features too for those that would like a bit more and add a Nokia music player with it?  

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Totally agree @wilson shrestha I wonder if they thought of developing their own launcher with a bit more customization that can be downloaded separate with a bit more features too for those that would like a bit more and add a Nokia music player with it?  

Yup, they could do that. But, Nokia really emphasizes on features of Stock Android and Android One everywhere from twitter post to phone launch events. So, I don't see this happening. I agree that options are nicer for those people who are fed up with their bland Stock Android. They should probably just put their Launcher, Music Player and other handy apps on the play store for everyone to download. This way only the interested users will download them keeping the phone bloatfree. 

But, again I think it will take them alot of time to develop these apps. We might see these apps in near future if they are working on them but who knows. :)
  • Israel 12 Israel 12
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia should try and add music and video player with nice earpiece and also make their phone slimmer than others
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Israel 12 said:
    Nokia should try and add music and video player with nice earpiece and also make their phone slimmer than others
    Totally agree with you on the music/video player it will be a nice addition to Nokia devices. It can still be Android One devices, and you can download these additional apps from the playstore for example.

If you refer Ear piece to headset(s) I think they do the Wireless headset just won a design prize if I remember correctly a week or so ago.

I think we will see phones going back and become thicker with the foldable phones on the horizon if it catches on phones might just get thinker not slimmer in my opinion.