Camera Issues Resolved By January Patch.

Feeling content and had been waiting for this day since I bought 8.1.  Whatever camera issues I had been facing it all resolved now by Jan security patch which …

Camera Issues Resolved By January Patch.

NIMISHA NIMISHA
✭✭✭✭  / 
Feeling content and had been waiting for this day since I bought 8.1. 
Whatever camera issues I had been facing it all resolved now by Jan security patch which is out today. 
Thank you @HMD_Laura  @matteo.m @megan much grateful today. 

Comments

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R have you checked it yet?
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have checked .. but not sure about the problem being resolved or not .. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Which problem, camera issue?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 29
    Front camera issues .. Over-exposure.. Over sharpening..
  • Rahber Ali Rahber Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Feeling content and had been waiting for this day since I bought 8.1. 
    Whatever camera issues I had been facing it all resolved now by Jan security patch which is out today. 
    Thank you @HMD_Laura  @matteo.m @megan much grateful today. 
    Any update log anywhere  
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    just try. clear storage of camera then disable it and again enable it.I know it's not drastically change but change little bit from old result.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar sorry I was over excited while writing this post but I agree with @nitin kachare that change is very minor and exposure is still there. I lately realised because just after updated my phone I took pics and it was looking fine to but now I have taken pics more and change looks very minor.  

@nitheesh, @Narayanan.R, @Anantha Ramakrishnan do you guys see any drastic change in front camera? For me it is not, so little change. Would love to know about your side. 

@HMD_Laura @megan @matteo.m camera needs more update to fix issues, it is not entirely resolved. 🙏🇮🇳❤️

• nitheesh nitheesh
    just try. clear storage of camera then disable it and again enable it.I know it's not drastically change but change little bit from old result.
    Really!!!  @nitin kachare Thanks for the update.
    clear storage of camera then disable it and again enable it
    No no no...... I will not do that....Now I am getting good images when compared with the previous one, so am not ready to take the risk  :D 🏃 🏃 🏃

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitheesh yeah sort of but this exposure issue is not entirely fixed, it needs more update to fix. I still getting exposure but better than older one. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar sorry I was over excited while writing this post but I agree with @nitin kachare that change is very minor and exposure is still there. I lately realised because just after updated my phone I took pics and it was looking fine to but now I have taken pics more and change looks very minor.  

@nitheesh, @Narayanan.R, @Anantha Ramakrishnan do you guys see any drastic change in front camera? For me it is not, so little change. Would love to know about your side. 

@HMD_Laura @megan @matteo.m camera needs more update to fix issues, it is not entirely resolved. 🙏🇮🇳❤️

Exactly.. and to be really honest I dont feel its even fixed minorly... Cuz MiA1 received the exact same update .. They havent really pushed any camera fixes in the update .. otherwise they would have mentioned it out loud in the updatelog 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare it didnt worked .. i dont see any difference 😔😔😔
  • sherlock sherlock
    ✭✭  / 
    It's a wonder that security patch fixes things?
    And Yes,they have been working on a latest version of camera app but not sure about the release of that
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar the change is minor and also sometimes pictures comes with exposure and sometimes not, I tried testing with same place infact doing it right now. Need to get fixed in February. But frankly speaking, we waited for a month in hope that it would be fixed but It seems waste of time now. I'm tired of doing this as a selfie lover I already give up on taking selfies 😶😐
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    sherlock said:
    It's a wonder that security patch fixes things?
    And Yes,they have been working on a latest version of camera app but not sure about the release of that
    How do you know about camera app ? And yes jan patch fixed it but need more update to get the best result.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar the change is minor and also sometimes pictures comes with exposure and sometimes not, I tried testing with same place infact doing it right now. Need to get fixed in February. But frankly speaking, we waited for a month in hope that it would be fixed but It seems waste of time now. I'm tired of doing this as a selfie lover I already give up on taking selfies 😶😐
    Dont give up taking selfies 😅😅😅

I feel like with Nokia 9 launch we will get newer version of Nokia camera app with night mode .. just a ray of hope from what i have heard ..
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nimisha gupta Title of this discussion change kr do if possible warna they might not provide any fix later 😅😅😅
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nimisha gupta Title of this discussion change kr do if possible warna they might not provide any fix later 😅😅😅
    I wish I could but it's too late now, already regretting😅🤣
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I wish I could but it's too late now, already regretting😅🤣
    Ohh noo !! 🤣 Thats not good.. a new discussion needs to be launched then 😆😆
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    You start, we will follow you 😂 @Argho Sarkar
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I haven't got much difference.Just little bit still i have to use pro mode with -1 Exposure for background details.I used Open Camera with Disabled Face Detection and it takes background but its restricted to 5MP😔.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    I haven't got much difference.Just little bit still i have to use pro mode with -1 Exposure for background details.I used Open Camera with Disabled Face Detection and it takes background but its restricted to 5MP😔.
    @Argho Sarkar 

Also I wish I could delete this post. 
  • Narayanan.R Narayanan.R
    ✭✭  / 
    Under what's new section haven't they put any wordings related to camera or anything so it's just security patch updation for Jan month.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Under what's new section haven't they put any wordings related to camera or anything so it's just security patch updation for Jan month.
    Let's wait till 2020, I'm sure they'll fix any sort of camera issue 🙏😂
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 30
    Let's wait till 2020, I'm sure they'll fix any sort of camera issue 🙏😂
    Yepp .. Camera issues will get sorted by 2020 😂🤣 @nimisha gupta
  • Nokia x7 androi 9
    Nokia x7 china androi 9 . camera before error when calling messenger or zalo. Camera photos are disastrous . Acne pushes up clearly every detail. better than seeing with the naked eye. It is so bad
    Please create a patch for this issue
    Video call so bad zalo or messenger facebook
    All other applications have the same
    Acne on the face looks more horror than the human eye
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Is anyone compared the selfie of gcam and default camera during day light? Apart from the fact that gcam has 5 MP, both the camera captures difference in skin tone and I personally like gcam selfies COLOUR AND SKIN TONE (but only limited to 5MP) I feel it brings natural highlights on face as default camera can't do it. 

@nitin kachare @rajathsshetty @Argho Sarkar @Narayanan.R @nitheesh, mates have you tried? 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @HMD_Laura @megan @matteo.m can I make changes in discussion's topic? Camera issues have not been resolved yet. 
  • Narayanan.R Narayanan.R
    ✭✭  / 
    Is anyone compared the selfie of gcam and default camera during day light? Apart from the fact that gcam has 5 MP, both the camera captures difference in skin tone and I personally like gcam selfies COLOUR AND SKIN TONE (but only limited to 5MP) I feel it brings natural highlights on face as default camera can't do it. 

@nitin kachare @rajathsshetty @Argho Sarkar @Narayanan.R @nitheesh, mates have you tried? 
    Either ways gcam only adds grains & noises in selfies bcoz of its limitations upto 5mp
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Narayanan.R said:

Either ways gcam only adds grains & noises in selfies bcoz of its limitations upto 5mp

It does but very less in day light. That was my point.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

That has been the truth since we bought the device .. GCam is giving so best of results..