Headphone Jack weirdness

Randomly, after plugging headphones into my Nokia 7 plus, the audio comes out of the speaker, instead of the headphones.

Headphone Jack weirdness

manila manila
 /  edited November 7
Randomly, after plugging headphones into my Nokia 7 plus, the audio comes out of the speaker, instead of the headphones. Once I unplug the headphones, no audio plays out.

Rebooting temporarily fixes the problem but I encounter it again around once a day.

Comments

• guym guym
     / 

did you plug it completely in?  

If yes, you can try this app to reset the headphone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bjemtj.headsettoggle

• user1526915491679 user1526915491679
     /  edited June 11

Yes i am facing the same . During the call the sound is coming from the speaker even the headphone is plugged in . Really disappointed.

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, @manila I have been facing the exact same problem on my Nokia 3 after the Oreo update and have heard many facing the same issue with Nokia 3. Given that we own a completely different device and suffering from the exact same problem, I think Nokia has huge problems with its Developer Team. I have read quite a number of posts here on the forum of Nokia 7 Plus and 6.1 and all I see is users reporting that their software is buggy in every possible way and the optimization is very bad. I think Nokia should solve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
  • mohit bahri mohit bahri
     / 
    facing the exact same problem, thankgid i am not alone ;D
    one one thing when phone brightness goes high to low screen turn redish for fraction of seconds,
    plz let me know if anyone have a solutions for both of the problems.
  • ajit bagal ajit bagal
     / 
    Kindly update to latest software version, if problem still persist visit to Nokia care centre.
  • user1528392652040 user1528392652040
     /  edited August 18
    Facing same issue NOKIA please do something!!! It's very disappointing!!!
  • Chander Rana Chander Rana
     / 
    Just insert all 4 pins of headphone into headphone jack with littel force and when the 4th pin inserted into the headphone jack your hear the click sound and then you enjoy the headphone and receive call and use your mic
  • user1533692734793 user1533692734793
     /  edited August 18
    After connecting headphones the audio is played by the main speaker.... After restarting it worlks again... I m having the worst experience with u nokia... Never expect dis from u PLZZ fix it soon...
  • Deepak Deepak
     / 
    It has been fixed in android p DP4
  • How should i fix dis prblm??
  • Deepak Deepak
     / 
    Wait till android p update.
  • rotisatose rotisatose
     / 
    "When earphones plugged in, sound comes from speaker. When earphones removed earphone mode activated" Guys if you too are facing this same issue...I have got the resolution. First of all I too believed it is software bug, but no it's not ! My Nokia 7 plus was at service centre for 27 days. We tried software reset but it didn't work. No matter which update u r on or which security patch u have, this has nothing to do with it. Yes, it's not software bug, surprising for me too. I had such bad experience this whole one month. Nokia care helpline, chat support, Twitter handle of Nokia in or none of them will help you. Finally, service centre just suggested to replace the audio jack port. And it has worked. The issue is gone. Just go and get the jack replaced. I know its difficult to believe that hardware is faulty but I am telling you from my experience what has worked out.

I noticed that we have also received August security patch update. Now please somebody confirm is headphone issue has resolved after update. If it gets automatically solved aftr update, no need to replace audio jack port. But if it still persist after aug security patch , I m sure that it's hardware issue.