HMD reviews on Glassdoor

Now this isn't directly related to the Nokia 8, but I thought it would be an interesting read anyway.

HMD reviews on Glassdoor

ignas ignas
✭✭✭  /  edited January 30
Now this isn't directly related to the Nokia 8, but I thought it would be an interesting read anyway.

Glassdoor is a website where current or former employees can review their workplaces anonymously. Keep in mind though that Glassdoor cannot without a doubt confirm that the person posting a review actually works there and much like us complaining about things - we're here because we have a problem. There's plenty more people out there who've probably had a fine experience. Just some perspective.

Still, what I've read there seems about right with the mess we're seeing from the outside and it's a small enough company where people making up stories to make the company look worse doesn't sound very likely. 

I'm linking both pages as the website requests a login once you've read enough. Open the other page in an incognito window if that happens. 

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/HMD-Global-Reviews-E1513479.htm
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/HMD-Global-Reviews-E1513479_P2.htm

Comments

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Whoaaa! Only read a few and it's pretty accurate, at least related to what I'm feeling as a customer...
    Here's to hoping they'll manage to turn the tides and finally release the long awaited proper camera app and proper pie on our Nokia 8 at least...
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Those reports do sound somewhat worrisome. Sure, people who are unhappy are more likely to tell that spontaneously than those who are satisfied, but it still sounds like at least some of their offices might not be the most functional places ever. If so, hopefully they can get things fixed. I'd quite like to have support for my device in the form of security updates until I end up replacing it due to hardware failure, the promised 3 years run out or I get too disappointed and buy something else. :tongue:

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's a sad reading :( , but nothing surprising.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    After reading all those employee reviews I'm pretty sure HMD management won't hire experts in imaging software anytime soon.
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    potemkin said:
    After reading all those employee reviews I'm pretty sure HMD management won't hire experts in imaging software anytime soon.
    I think they should start with some QA testers first..