Front camera badly need to be fixed ,January security patch hasn't fixed issues.

Nokia 8.1 Front Camera Issues i)Overexposed background in Normal & Live Bokeh with white face ii) sometimes oversharping

Front camera badly need to be fixed ,January security patch hasn't fixed issues.

NIMISHA NIMISHA
✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 2
Nokia 8.1 Front Camera Issues
i)Overexposed background in Normal & Live Bokeh with white face
ii) sometimes oversharping
iii)Pixel binning issue in front camera in low light
iv) unnatural skin tone in indoor lighting.

I kindly request you @[email protected]_Laura ; @[email protected]"matteo.m" @[email protected] we all 8.1 user need a camera update for better pictures soonest. I've spent 27 k just to wait for fixing the camera issues?

I trusted Nokia and bought my first Nokia's android phone but disappointed by camera. 
Please do listen. I don't want to break a trust from Nokia.

Apologies for the last post as lately I realised January patch hasn't done any change in camera. here are samples of selfies, you can clearly see how over exposure ruins the entire picture and my face looks over brighten (unnatural skin tone)  we badly need an update. I have highly frustrated with these issues. Either provide an update in firmware version or from Google Play or from secruity patch, all I want it to be fixed. 🙏🙏

I don't want this my first and last to be purchased.

Comments

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    We cant do anything really .. We have been posting about this since we bought the device .. No one not even the moderators reply to us .. We just discuss it amongst ourselves and nothing happens really .. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar exactly it has been more a month and so highly frustrated that no one taking care of these issue we all are discussing amongst ourselves. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Lohith Karri are you going for meet and greet ?
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I tried Whatsapp has not that Video Quality its below par On Nokia 8.1.Google Duo has slightly better than whatsapp and Carrier Video Call Better than Above.But Still What We are facing issue i.e.Pixel Binning in night or On Third Party Application Restricted to 5MP Resolution i.e.Whatsapp,GCAM,etc. Oversharpness and Skintone issue already with Stock Camera Firmware.Hmd would have to give 1.8um Pixel Size Quality On 5MP Resolution with proper skintone.
    Guys Everyone has to email on [email protected] with your problems and pictures as Nokia Chat didn't take this as critical issue.Everytime they provide useless solution clear cache,clear storage,soft reset,Factory Reset and Finally Visit Service Center.I did it factory reset as well as email in December,January and In February🙏.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    this is my 10th mail to them to fix camera issue. @Narayanan.R @nitheesh @sayyed vihan @Lohith Karri @Rajath S Shetty if you guys are using 8.1 have you tried to mail them. I did everything which is possible. 🤳🙏
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 
    for me camera work good)
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 
    maybe different region ,I am in Taiwan ,came ca work good
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 3

@Argho Sarkar as he posted picture here, what you guys say about this?
    @SASHA UROV I think problem is when we take pictures against any light that makes background blown out.  Have you tried from every angle?  Also your picture is oversharpened if you zoom it out buddy .
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 3

@Argho Sarkar as he posted picture here, what you guys say about this? 
    @SASHA UROV I think problem is when we take pictures against any light that makes background blown out.  Have you tried from every angle?  Also your picture is oversharpened if you zoom it out buddy .
    @nimisha gupta Pic is really good .. But that's not happening with my/our device .. May be bcuz of shadows from the trees and other things around the pic came out pretty good .. @SASHA UROV please try to take pic against daylight
    ✭✭✭  / 

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 3

Hey you got background but it's not get everytime just try it different angle.When I put front camera in sunlight it captures background details but when i put front camera in shadow any object at that time it couldn't get background in daylight.
    When i am using gcam i found that when i clicking photos on front camera it preview shows overexposes but after click on shutter gcam takes background where as stock camera doesn't give.Just try when you not get background on nokia camera at that time use gcam.
    Every Brand Shows Preview of those situation is overexposed but they provide details post image processing.I did comparison with same 20MP samsung sensor with other.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare pic got oversharpened and also background is not clear if you zoom in, but still he got nice pic if you don't disturb pic with zoom in .
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @SASHA UROV please post a picture indoor selfie in extreme lighting as well as low lights. 
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 

• SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 

• SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 

• SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I noticed that my native camera during the day makes more detailed photos of both self and main, google camera for me is only needed in night mode and for live animations
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @SASHA UROV have you got any pic in which light and front camera facing each other/ against each other like thisin this pic light and front camera facing each other so background could not get details. 
    I have a light back side. Please take pics like this in day light and indoor lights. It would be helpful. Thank you :)
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @tehabe has you been facing front camera issue?
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  /  edited February 3
    @tehabe has you been facing front camera issue?
    I rarely use that one. This one looks fine. What I noticed though, is the awful and incomplete German translation of the camera application. I remember my Nokia cell phones differently.

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @tehabe please take pictures in which light and front camera face each other, like I did it (see above pic of mine) 
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  / 
    Okay, I try to avoid this, because it is no easy for a camera to do this. So I used two temperatures with the light, one is 4000K and the other maybe 5000K.

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare @Argho Sarkar what to say about above pictures?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare @Argho Sarkar what to say about above pictures?
    Feels like #overexposed .. but a little better than I have thought
  • SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 

• SASHA UROV SASHA UROV
    ✭✭✭  / 
    as you requested, the lamp looks at the camera
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @SASHA UROV @tehabe thank you mates for support. 

@madbilly I'm curious are you from India?