To take into consideration for the Android Pie Q1 release:

Good Afternoon I'd like to shed some light into a pair of software bugs that should be looked up before the stable release of Android Pie for, at least, the 3.1 models.

To take into consideration for the Android Pie Q1 release:

Isui Gtz Isui Gtz
✭✭  / 
Good Afternoon

I'd like to shed some light into a pair of software bugs that should be looked up before the stable release of Android Pie for, at least, the 3.1 models.

The first problem is well known among the Nokia community, which is the problem with the brightness (and color, if "Night Light" is enabled) on the screen. You can see one of the most popular threads about it here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/3947/screen-flickering-on-low-brightness

It's also worth noting that as I mentioned before, Night Light does not work properly as everytime the phone’s screen orientation is changed, there's a more agressive orange tint all over the screen for a fraction of a second.

And if a blinking screen isn't enough, there's also blinkin audio. Stuttering audio. And this particular thing is what drives me absolutely insane.

Altough, this last topic isn't as commented as the screen flickering problem, and I think I know why: the audio is fine inside all the Google services. By that I mean that audio coming from Google Assistant, Youtube and Google Play Music is PERFECTLY FINE.

But once you try to use any third-party music player, and turn on the EQ, the software cannot take it and starts stuttering, as if the audio was blinking. This stutter often happens about 2 - 5 times in a whole song, but it may vary, as the problem are not the archives, but laggy software integration.

This problem can be replicated through any hearphones, headphones, additional speakers and the in-built speaker.

Any app that's not Google Play music suffers from this stuttering, from VLC to Jet Audio Plus, and EVERYTHING in between. I can't hear music like this, it completely ruins the experience.

I'm obviously looking forward for the Pie update, as some people in Reddit are saying that it's the best think that has happened to their Nokia phones - paraphrasing.

I just didn't want to miss the oportunity to talk about this two problems before the release, in hopes that this post can change something, in case this particular problems were not adressed or talked about in here.

Thank you. Have a nice day or night.
Tagged:

Comments