SD CARD BROKEN BECAUSE OF INTERNAL STORAGE AFTER THE 9 UPDATE

i have NOKIA 5 with the android 9 update, after the update for a few days my phone just went crazy like lagging and crashing apps and not working properly so i reset my phone, after the reset my SD card just got suddenly unsupported, so i tried to reformat it in the phone to able to work again but it just shows me some java code error thing when i set it as internal storage (AGAIN) so its an obvious fail and then i tried the portable thing it was success but when i checked it wasn't working (nothing changed at all!!!), i search anything i can but nothing works:

SD CARD BROKEN BECAUSE OF INTERNAL STORAGE AFTER THE 9 UPDATE

i have NOKIA 5 with the android 9 update, after the update for a few days my phone just went crazy like lagging and crashing apps and not working properly so i reset my phone, after the reset my SD card just got suddenly unsupported, so i tried to reformat it in the phone to able to work again but it just shows me some java code error thing when i set it as internal storage (AGAIN) so its an obvious fail and then i tried the portable thing it was success but when i checked it wasn't working (nothing changed at all!!!), i search anything i can but nothing works: diskpart, chkdsk etc... nothing works, the SD card is SanDisk ultra 32GB, when i try to fix into PC, windows can't reformat the sd card and when i try to see the problem with 3rd party progs. it's partitioned with 30mb and the half is 30GB full used, i tried again to fix but nothing of all works PLEASE HELP ME I dont wanna waste my SD card, PS: i already set my SD card as internal storage before the android 9 update android 9 6.12E

Comments

• have you tried with another SD card? If yes and the problem keeps going, is a software problem. If not maybe is a card (hardware) problem.
  • SadHeero SadHeero
     /  edited February 3
    @demodulador yes i tried another SD card to my phone and it works, but my main SD card (sandisk ultra) is still detectable to PC and phone 
  • NITINMZN NITINMZN
    ✭✭  / 
    your mmc card area is corrupted , because of that you are selected as internal ,
  • @NITINMZN is there a way to fix? 
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    All SD memory cards break in time.
    Good quality, genuine cards that are designed and manufactured for use in mobile phones can work for years.
    Poor quality, and SD cards not designed for heavy use - and counterfeit cards - break in weeks or months.

SD memory cards must be replaced at first sign of failure. In your case that was when the phone went crazy, started lagging and chrashing apps.

Genuine SD memory cards come with a limited warranty, at the point of sale or directly at the manufacturer's website.
    Replace it.

-- 
    Hans
  • @user389 i just bought the sd card last year, i think that's impossible my sd card has no letter no file system no volume
  • NITINMZN NITINMZN
    ✭✭  / 
    its corrected by dos mode solution,by cmd , which availble on google search
  • NITINMZN said:
    its corrected by dos mode solution,by cmd , which availble on google search

@NITINMZN can you help me bro full instruction to solve this issue
  • NITINMZN NITINMZN
    ✭✭  / 
    Try search goole.and I you do that
  • I think that marraige with the SD and internal memory doesn't work properly. Leaving it as portable is best
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I agree the safest option is to use the SD as portable @Nicholas Obasigie
    On devices with 16GB internal memory it may be important to extend that to install games and other large applications.
     Formatting the SD as internal memory does work if..:
    The SD is (confirmed) genuine.
    Reputable brand.
    Fast - even a U3 speed SD is less than half the speed of the phone memory.
    Designed for 'heavy use'.

-  And the SD must be replaced at the first sign of failure. There is no repair option when a memory sector is damaged, only temporary solutions to recover data from the card - but that's irrelevant when the card is formatted as internal memory and hardware encrypted.

Since @SadHeero does not want to follow my sincere advice and claim the money-back warranty on the SD he got, I guess he probably has one of the millions of counterfeit 'SanDisk' SD cards that are offered both online and at flea-markets all over the world.

The SD card manufacturers have information how to determine if a card is genuine, and a reputable seller will replace a defective card immediately.

-- 
    Hans
  • rbeze58 rbeze58
    ✭✭  / 
    Hey if you've previously turned on Force Apps to External in Developer options then turn it off and try to format as internal again to avoid the java invoke <something> error. Then later you can turn it back on. This fixed my issue to use the sd card as external on my Nokia 5.