Loose type c port issue in Nokia 5.1plus - Page 2

(Quote) in my case they have charged me 950 rs , they told its moisture entry.  now again after 2 months its not working.

Loose type c port issue in Nokia 5.1plus

Comments

• ritesh mishra ritesh mishra
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Subin Dev said:
    Faced same issue....went to service centre....within 4 hours they fix... service was free...it claim in guarantee
    in my case they have charged me 950 rs , they told its moisture entry. 
    now again after 2 months its not working. i will never buy nokia phone and will ask everyone not to buy nokia phone ever.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    disappointed from Nokia
  • I went to Nokia Carecenter and replaced the connector.
    After the replacement ,I found fingerPrint reader has some issue.
    Damned
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I went to Nokia Carecenter and replaced the connector.
    After the replacement ,I found fingerPrint reader has some issue.
    Damned
    third party service providers are not doing repair properly and charging ports are all faulty so it will fail again in 3month
  • Shrishty Shrishty
    ✭✭  / 
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/TS%20creationzz%20vdoz">TS creationzz vdoz</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Yea i  have also that problem then it was serviced repaired by service centre but they broke my mobile glass and they dont accept that they done it very bas service by *moovatupuzha  nokia service center kerala</div>
    </blockquote>
    so was the charging problem solved?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Shrishty said:
    TS creationzz vdoz said:
    Yea i  have also that problem then it was serviced repaired by service centre but they broke my mobile glass and they dont accept that they done it very bas service by *moovatupuzha  nokia service center kerala

so was the charging problem solved?
    no it is still at service centre.
  • Anish Banka Anish Banka
    ✭✭  / 
    I visited nokia service center today and ask them for replace the charging port and they told me to give them my mobile for 10 to 15 days (spare part is not available) but they will change it for free.
  • Subin Dev Subin Dev
    ✭✭  / 
    If its is a manufacturing defect...after the changing of charging port..it will not arrive...but many are facing this issue even after replacement....so..is it design fault..and we the users have to face it live long
  • yup me me too facing this issue not able to charge my phone now , they are asking for 1800 for charging jack replacement . my charging jack have co2 layer i think because it look green ,idk its already green from starting or what ?
  • I'am facing the same issue from last 3 months loose charging point. It is a new device and facing problem. It break my trust in buying new nokia phone again. So sad.
  • bahars bahars
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here. 
    Nokia has adopted a no care policy about users serious concerns. 
  • Ashish Rathour Ashish Rathour
    ✭✭  / 
    We should come together and file a legal case in consumer court. Make a whatsapp group and take everyone who is suffering from this charging problem.
    Yes dear make it... Make a majority..
  • DG Tech DG Tech
    ✭✭  / 
    job sheet : 572433527/190204/003
    Device;- Nokia 5.1 plus
    My phone charging was loose, after few days it becomes very difficult to charge phone. I visited service centre and they accepted the phone after inspection and told me to wait for 1hr , after 1 hr they come to me and said it is liquid damage due to moisture entry. You will be charged 1200 rs for charging issue in phone.
    1- my phone never even encountered even a splash of water, still if moisture is damaging the phone then is it a customer fault or device build quality.
    2- I asked what you did with my phone in room for 1hr, they told be they opened the font and checked the color of indicator. I told them show me the video of the repair or why if you had doubt you didn't open it in front of me. That told they can not help me.customer care also not helping.
    3- if it is liquid damage why sometimes charging is working sometimes not. If there is liquid damage it should completely stop charging. It is just to fool consumer to avoid warranty cost. It is simple case of poor build of USB port.

*This was my first Nokia phone and it will be the last. Trust of Nokia is broken.
    I will never buy any Nokia phone in future, also I will recommend everyone not to buy Nokia phones since they are cheating customer.
  • Shivaay Shivaay
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes make whatsapp group and also add. Me on that we definitely have to make complaint in consumer court
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/ritesh%20mishra">ritesh mishra</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">Subin Dev</a> said:</div>
    <div>Faced same issue....went to service centre....within 4 hours they fix... service was free...it claim in guarantee</div>
    </blockquote>in my case they have charged me 950 rs , they told its moisture entry. 
    now again after 2 months its not working. i will never buy nokia phone and will ask everyone not to buy nokia phone ever.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/ritesh%20mishra">ritesh mishra</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow">Subin Dev</a> said:</div>
    <div>Faced same issue....went to service centre....within 4 hours they fix... service was free...it claim in guarantee</div>
    </blockquote>in my case they have charged me 950 rs , they told its moisture entry. 
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Even I am facing the same problem with Nokia 5.1 plus phone. I need to keep my charger at some angle to keep it charging. It started happening few days back and now it is taking more tha 8 hours to charge. One day I kept the charger at the same angle for entire night and I could see only 1% battery even after it was charging entire night. I give it to service centre but they are asking for 1 week of time. Too bad nokia. Never expected this from you guys. 
  • Mooka Mooka
    ✭✭  / 
    I have same issye loose port I'm simply taking my phone back to the store for a return n they can stick it where it fits.
  • I am also facing the same issue. They are also charging me ₹1250 by saying that there is some moisture in it. Such a pathetic service they have. They have made a new method to fool their customers by saying liquid in it. So that they can decline warranty.
  • Shivam Panday Shivam Panday
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    I have same issue of loose type c port in my phone .... firstly I thought it's type c cable problems then I bought new one but the new cable even doesn't fit properly...& OTG cable is also not working ... 

• Same issue I am also facing. Even my friend also facing same problem with his Nokia 6.1 plus phone. My mobile with in warranty. But service center people charging RS.1850/-. It's very bad experience why should I pay for it. What should I do ?...Kindly tell me..
  • Check out @karunamg’s Tweet:

Lets Thrash them on twitter and file a case in consumer court
    How to file a case against them? 
  • <b>i was also facing same issue with nokia 5.1 plus and i asked them to open my phone infront of my eyes to checkout the water indicator. Atlast my phn was repaired under warranty from Faridabad service center</b>
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    DG Tech said:
    job sheet : 572433527/190204/003
    Device;- Nokia 5.1 plus
    My phone charging was loose, after few days it becomes very difficult to charge phone. I visited service centre and they accepted the phone after inspection and told me to wait for 1hr , after 1 hr they come to me and said it is liquid damage due to moisture entry. You will be charged 1200 rs for charging issue in phone.
    1- my phone never even encountered even a splash of water, still if moisture is damaging the phone then is it a customer fault or device build quality.
    2- I asked what you did with my phone in room for 1hr, they told be they opened the font and checked the color of indicator. I told them show me the video of the repair or why if you had doubt you didn't open it in front of me. That told they can not help me.customer care also not helping.
    3- if it is liquid damage why sometimes charging is working sometimes not. If there is liquid damage it should completely stop charging. It is just to fool consumer to avoid warranty cost. It is simple case of poor build of USB port.

*This was my first Nokia phone and it will be the last. Trust of Nokia is broken.
    I will never buy any Nokia phone in future, also I will recommend everyone not to buy Nokia phones since they are cheating customer.
    Maybe the service center is not being honest.  Did you consider that maybe the issue is there and not by hmd nokia.
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Check out @karunamg’s Tweet:

Lets Thrash them on twitter and file a case in consumer court
    How to file a case against them? 

Send your phone in for service.  Find a good reputable service center.
  • <b></b>Hello from Indonesia, lately im facing the loose charger port problem, have no ide if it will cost me service/ part replacement... before i already disappointed with my nokia 6 just 1 month gets defect port and charge for 20dollars. Now again my nokia 5.1 plus 🤨 is going to service center.
  • LeeW LeeW
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2019
    :( Same issue with my 5.1plus. Took back to where I purchased and they sent off for repair. Got a call today saying 'water damage'. Absolutely not!! $280 to fix or $50 to return the phone unrepaired (apparently to pay for inspection). Always been a nokia fan but if they can't sort this issue then I will never buy again and make a point of telling everyone how bad they are
  • I got the service and they changed the port for free because it's under warranty 
  • Now my phone has problem in charging because of the loose C type USB connection. As shown in one of the YouTube videos if we buy xiaomi aur some other data cable with USB cable C port can it solve the problem. Or should I have to go for repairing of the charging port.

• Nokia 5.1 loose port and is affecting its charging. Sometimes it charges and most times it does not. I have used nokia for a long time but since your lumia series, these new Nokia models seem to have a charging problem. Please assist