Nokia 8 - Pie - Camera app - Focus

mrbelter said:

Nokia 8 - Pie - Camera app - Focus

jdan jdan
✭✭✭  / 
mrbelter said:
To be honest if the Nokia app just stayed at where you tapped the screen to set the focus and exposure rather than it jumping back to the middle of the scene and resetting it would be reasonably good.
I totally agree. That's why I try to launch a campaign to ask for this feature.
https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/42125/nokia-8-pie-camera-app-focus/

One of the most important features that I would like to have in the camera app in Nokia 8 is that when you tap to focus (and change the exposure with the little sun glider) this would last much longer (just like on iPad and iPhone). Now you only get three seconds to take the picture.

If you like to have this feature too, please like this post. And the one in 'New ideas'. 
Please do not add any more other requests in THIS post. But start a new discussion.

Comments

• RL Ramakrishnan RL Ramakrishnan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I concur, jdan. I'm not too much of a techie guy, so I won't be able to get into specifics. But this much I'll say. The picture that I take on my Nokia 8 (TA-1004) seem to be on the darker side. I'd love it if the pics were more brighter and vibrant. After all, the hardware is pretty awesome - Zeiss lens and all. Thanks, jdan for drawing my attention to this.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    jdan said:
    mrbelter said:
    To be honest if the Nokia app just stayed at where you tapped the screen to set the focus and exposure rather than it jumping back to the middle of the scene and resetting it would be reasonably good.
    I totally agree. That's why I try to launch a campaign to ask for this feature.
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/42125/nokia-8-pie-camera-app-focus/

One of the most important features that I would like to have in the camera app in Nokia 8 is that when you tap to focus (and change the exposure with the little sun glider) this would last much longer (just like on iPad and iPhone). Now you only get three seconds to take the picture.

If you like to have this feature too, please like this post. And the one in 'New ideas'. 
    Please do not add any more other requests in THIS post. But start a new discussion.
    I have been asking them for over a year via different methods and they have not answered let alone listened.
  • hughmnyksj hughmnyksj
    ✭✭  / 
    How do we get into the Nokia 8 section?
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Good question.

@HMD_Laura , @megan , @matteo.m : the Nokia 8 section of the forums seems to have disappeared. Again. Presumably "by accident"? Did the cursed Nokia 9 really feel threatened by our severely mistreated model?
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Indeed no sign of Nokia 8 any longer on
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/phones
  • hughmnyksj hughmnyksj
    ✭✭  / 
    I got back in by pure chance... 
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've had the root section for the 8 bookmarked. Doesn't hurt.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thank you, @marsic for mentioning @HMD_Laura in your post!
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thank-you all, especially @Laura
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Laura Hey Laura, can you perhaps,sort of escalate our issues with the trult wonderful but currently hobbled Nokia 8 tp the powers that be?
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ???
    Sorry about this old post ... Don't know what has happened. 
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Now that this got bumped up, I might just as well chime in and say that the automatically resetting focus is highly bizarre.

I haven't ever seen that kind of user interface behaviour on any dedicated cameras I've used and can't really see why it would be considered useful on a mobile device either (can't remember seeing anything like that on my previous phone default camera apps). 
  • mark coley mark coley
    ✭✭  / 
    If you alter the brightness with the slider after focussing you get about 5 seconds rather than 3 before the focus returns to the middle. This behaviour makes the timer unworkable as it always refocuses and changes the brightness after you have composed the shot.

One other interesting thing, if you double tap on the screen and slide your finger up and down (if phone in portrait mode) it functions as a smooth zoom. It seems to be less sensitive and jittery if finger sliding is near top of the phone rather than in the middle or bottom. This may be my phone, though they may have the maths wrong on working out how far your finger has slid when in the central and lower part of the screen.