Where is our Nokia 8 finished Pie?

It has been long since HMD CPO Juho Sarvikas announced that Heroic Pie features with fresh camera app will be released on Nokia 8 via OTA.

Where is our Nokia 8 finished Pie?

Conqueror Conqueror
✭✭✭  / 
It has been long since HMD CPO Juho Sarvikas announced that Heroic Pie features with fresh camera app will be released on Nokia 8 via OTA. Also, when the beta program for Pie was concluded, Nokia stated that those on Beta program will receive one security update before the next maintenance release.. However, till now we have not received OTA update for the Heroic Pie features with fresh camera app. Also, I'm on Beta program and I received the January 2019 security update late last month which I believe should be the one security update to be released before the next maintenance release as announced by Nokia but till now there is no sign of the update for Heroic Pie features and camera. The worst is that Nokia is keeping silent over this.

Where are our finished Pie and fresh Camera App? If Nokia can't fulfill its words on Nokia 8 which is presently its flagship, there is no need to buy Nokia 9. Nokia should watch it... 

Comments

• galvakojis galvakojis
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia :)
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    what on earth is a "heroic pie feature"?
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    @mrbelter hmd stated in the beta labs, after the pie session ended, that the "stable" release will be just the beta without the feedback app and they'll release a future update with the missing "hero features", whatever they meant by that.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Which is great but what the heck is it? If they are talking about the missing digital nanny or adaptive battery I'd hardly call them necessary let alone heroic.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    That is one thing i have given up on mate, even if it is an new app it will still only hold focus/exposure lock where you have tapped for 4 seconds and then revert to the middle of the screen like a complete moron.

What the camera needs is tap to shoot, you tap that screen it sets the focus and the exposure and takes the photo all from a single tap. i put this forward to them over a year ago but as usual it fell on deaf ears.