Touch problem

Sometimes phone is working but its touch stops working.i have to lock the phone and then again its touch start working

Touch problem

yuvraj yuvraj
 /  edited November 2018
Sometimes phone is working but its touch stops working.i have to lock the phone and then again its touch start working

Comments

• ajit bagal ajit bagal
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2018
    I am also facing the same , as per my understanding its buggy software/driver management.
  • user1528562471914 user1528562471914
     /  edited October 2018
    Iam also facing this problem.
  • user1528865400948 user1528865400948
     /  edited July 2018
    Even I got this problem and is so much annoying. The device has never fall or even touched the ground to have some touch issues. Plz . Give any solution nokia..
     /  edited July 2018
    Due to this touch issue it gives a bad image for this beautiful phone. Try to solve this issue fast.If the issue is not solved we can't recommend this phone to our known ones.
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 2018

Hi all, 

I forwarded this topic and got asked if anyone of you have received the June update already? It might solve this issue. 

Maybe you can check your phones for the update and let me know :) that would be great. 

Thanks a lot and best regards, 

Laura

• ajit bagal ajit bagal
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018

I got security update for June 2018 which mention "Update Google Security Patch 2018-06" (87.4 MB).

My country is India.

• Gaurav Sharma Gaurav Sharma
     /  edited November 2018

I am also facing the same issue. I received my device on May 2, 2018, and its work fine for one week. After one week I start facing the touch unresponsive problem. I have to lock the phone and unlock then again its touch start working. Regarding this issue, I was visited 2 times Noika Service center they kept my phone for one day for observation but next day they said that they did not find any such problem. Till date, I am facing the same issue. Many users complaint this issue but no solution given by Nokia

• user1524674988618 user1524674988618
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2018
    I am also facing same problem with Nokia 7 plus.
  • gemini75 gemini75
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Getting June update now but I've had to remove my BT(EE) SIM card and put an O2 sim card in. Why is this happening @Laura ?
  • Unknown
     /  edited July 2018

Hi Gemini75

Unfortunately, when an update arrives depends on the carrier as well and it seems a lot of people on EE are receiving the updates quite late. I don’t really know why this is happening. Sorry for that.

@All I forwarded this topic and I try my best to provide new information on it as soon as I can :) 

Best regards,
    Laura

• The bug is after June update still there. Are they working to solve the issue with next update?

• Zisco Zisco
     /  edited July 2018

same here, after doing a factory reset, the touch does not respond several times, before the factory reset I never had this problem, Did you get fixed?

• Kunal07 Kunal07
     /  edited November 2018
    Is there any update on this as this issue has become very serious now and is making problems a lot.Touch suddenly become unresponsive and after locking and unlocking the phone it works fine for couple of min. I think I m facing after June update.
  • user1530548367073 user1530548367073
     /  edited July 2018
    Hi Laura,
    I have bought Nokia 7 plus on 14 June. Me too facing same issue. I am having june update. By When this will be resolved.
     /  edited July 2018
    Hi Laura,
    My device is up-to-date still problem is there. My friend bought a new Nokia 7 plus before two weeks he is not having this issue. Waiting for next update. Please solve this issue in next update.
  • user1528709935116 user1528709935116
     /  edited July 2018
    Problem is persistent especially in upper portion of the phone. widgets there don't repsond to Touch.
  • user1530977848168 user1530977848168
     /  edited July 2018
    I'm also facing the same issue now and then..
  • Zisco Zisco
     /  edited July 2018

There are a lot of people with this issue. What supposed I do? Throw my new phone? in my country doesnt exist Nokia service center.

• user1529080560709 user1529080560709
     /  edited July 2018
    Is there any update on this touch problem as this issue has become very serious now and is making problems a lot. Touch not working, is become so frequent, every one or two minute later it strikes. And according to me it started after one factory reset process done by me. Right now I'm on June update. Please find some solution.
  • Zisco Zisco
     / 

user1529080560709 Exactly the same to me, it started after a factory reset that I did to my phone, very curious, now the problem becomes so serious to me, I have to lock and unlock it almost more than a half the time I use it. 

• bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem here. Using the June update. Hopefully the next update will fix this annoying issue.

Has anyone had a response from Nokia?

• andraga91 andraga91
     / 

Same problem here

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C-0FGGJv4I

Person facing touch problem has uploaded the video in YouTube. Please check the link
  • I also purchased this phone this year and after about 4 months the same issue started to occur. i spoke with Nokia chat and tried to start the phone in safety mode but as soon as you start to write a text message thats when it hangs - cant type a message. They said to send it off for repairs. They arranged for it to be sent to our Sydney office for repairs and no all they sent me was a quote for $250 to replace the screen... They are saying that as my screen had a small crack over the front facing camera this is the cause... Even though that crack appears after 3 weeks when i first got the phone. it fell down the seat inside my car and cracked somehow. there is no way im paying $250 to fix it since thats not the cause - its doing the same thing everyone else is experiencing and has nothing to do with a crack over the front camera. so disappointed with HMD and Nokia. no wonder people end up spending thousands on a iphone  - at least they dont get treated with rubbish phones and bad service. thanks for Nothing Nokia but thats it. im done. i loved my nokia lumia and hung out for this 7+ but thats it. never again

• Same problem here
  • Kek Kek
     / 
    My Nokia 7+ has the same issue. Display freezes until I lock and then unlock phone again. I have latest updates: Android 8.1.0 with security patch level from 1 August 2018.

In other forums it was mentioned that it's not a software but rather a hardware issue. Can anyone confirm this?

@Laura: Any response from Nokia on this topic. Seems to be a serious issue which many owners are having.
  • bvanaerde bvanaerde
    ✭✭  / 

I was hoping to have an answer to this by now.

There are others who have been helped with a hardware repair (touch panel). There's a bigger thread on these forums about the problem.

I have sent my device in for repairs as well, but after a month waiting, they returned the device to me with a ROM downgrade to the security patch of May 2018. So they did not replace anything, and of course the problem was not resolved. Really annoying...

I'll be returning the device again this week.

• Phichit Hamada Phichit Hamada
     /  edited November 2018

It's really annoying this issue, I have the same problem in my Nokia 5. I'm from México and I have to send my phone to warranty and they'll take a month for solve the problem, but reading this, there Is no solution. I'm tired, I wanna throw my phone to the wall, I still have to pay for it 2 Years! I was hoping some real good **** of this brand, but it's disappointing!

• i havent had the hang issue now for almost 2 weeks. after the phone was sent to our service centre they were going to charge me $250 to replace the screen due to a small crack across the front camera. i refused and had them send the phone back to me. I then saw a post where someone had let their phone drain of battery to zero and then charge it back to 100% and it fixed his issue. I tried this and it worked 100%. My phone has not had the hang since. i couldnt believe it could be something so simple. I did notice that the hang issue started to stop when battery saver mode was activated. but it hasnt hung since and i havent let the battery drain completely again. Im running Pie and saved myself $250 on a new screen. give it a try. 

• shandroid shandroid
    ✭✭  / 
    I've had this problem 2 or 3 times recently.
    Came here to see if anyone else had the same issue and clearly it has been going on a while