Nokia 8 Camera Update

Wasn't the Nokia 8 set to receive a camera update after Android Pie?

Nokia 8 Camera Update

Dawood Kamran Dawood Kamran
✭✭  / 
Wasn't the Nokia 8 set to receive a camera update after Android Pie? This phone has amazing camera hardware that can easily outperform other devices at the same price point but it has been undermined by not-so-good software (try using the Google Camera app for a few days and you'll get my point)
This thing is a flagship, and HMD should treat it like one, even the Nokia 5 got a camera update after Android Pie, which is even more staggering. 
Hope to soon receive a proper update.
A loyal Nokia fan.

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    We really don't know what kind of work goes in building good camera software for a particular camera hardware. But, we sure know that Nokia is taking too much time to provide a good camera update to their previous flagship devices like Nokia 8 and the Sirocco. As of now, Nokia is really only focusing on newer phone models and its camera software. There is no other way but to rely on Google Camera for now.
  • BLOOT BLOOT
    ✭✭  / 
    دوربین جلویی از وقتی آپدیت شده اندروید ۹خیلی افتضاح شده تار عکس برداری میکنه
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    gavias said:
    Wake up and pressure the developer team or get another team.
    I guess they have current camera developer team because they were unwilling to pay higher salaries that real experts demand.
  • Jonne Rautio Jonne Rautio
    ✭✭  / 
    I just had an intersting camera comparison yesterday evening. We were watching my friends band performing inside, low light conditions. My friend had a Google Pixel 2 and I took pictures with that device and my own Nokia 8. Result;  Nokia 8 pictures were awful comparing Google pixel 2 pictures. This camera software just couldn't capture sharp pictures. My previous phone was Lumia 950 and you can imagine how disappointed I am with this phones camera software! This is a great phone and I hope that someone will react all these camera issues!!!
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    To make the best of the camera in low light conditions - see my tips.
    https://mijnnokia.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/taking-pictures-with-your-smartphone/
    Or download and use Gcam.

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Jonne Rautio But did you try filming the band? The Nokia 8 records amazing sound!
  • Jonne Rautio Jonne Rautio
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi
    Thank's for you tips! I' m sure that adjusting the settings will give better results. Problem is that I' m too lazy😁 to use them and used to just bush the button and let the machine do the magic(again, Lumia 950...)I foud one Gcam app, but It jammed my camera. Well anyway, camera works well in the dayligh, IF sun is shining😂...
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 17
    Impressed by the crowd in my own town yesterday afternoon.
    5 photos taken with quite difficult light circumstances - a low sun and lots of shadow.
    Taken with my standard settings: 
    Twin - HDR On - Focus (tap on screen) 
    Zoom and examine how sharp the photos really are. 
    (Nice to edit and zoom in to make better compositions afterwards.)
  • Akhilesh N Akhilesh N
    ✭✭  / 
    Any update if there will be new camera update ?
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Any update if there will be new camera update ?
    Nope. They are still burning the midnight oil.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    You mispelled "snake oil'...
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The midnight oil has already burned. We have a new version by number. HMD does not mind or does not know that the application still has a lot of bugs.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @petrus i have a "vague certainty" that they know very well. Much, much better than they care to acknowledge. I don't know what it is that keeps them from fixing their software: developer shortage (or simply they get prioritised to other projects), laziness, don't-give-a-frack-ery, accursed consumerism, brink of bankruptcy, idiotic belief that people will go mad and buy newer Nokia (ROFLoL)...
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @marsic I'm pretty sure it's a shortage of developers which is caused by both incompetence and  don't-give-a-frack-ery of C-level management.
  • Ammar ahmadh Ammar ahmadh
    ✭✭  / 
    if for switched to camera my phone automatically switched off