Nokia 8 Camera Update - Page 2

Sadly this is one of the main reason I'm switching from nokia. I was really excited to get the Nokia 8.

Nokia 8 Camera Update

Comments

• shez879 shez879
    ✭✭  / 

Sadly this is one of the main reason I'm switching from nokia. I was really excited to get the Nokia 8. Really good hardware for what is is, but empty 2 years on, the camera software is still buggy. Definitely nothing to do with the hardware itself as gcam produces better results. Making a video is practically useless as the auto focus keeps jumping.

It's clear that Nokia is only concerned with making a flurry of mid range devices to flood the market rather than fix old ones.

Giving OnePlus a go as they release 2 devices every 6 months and are supposedly better with fixing software issues...

HMD / Nokia has lost it's soul and everything that made Nokia great.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I moved to Oneplus, specifically the Oneplus 7t. In good light though the Nokia 8 can produce equally as good images than the OP7t in my opinion. The main difference is the 7t camera set up is clearly massively more flexible (for obvious reasons) and of course Oneplus keep issuing updates and fixes to the camera so it does keep improving.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

One thing you should take in to account @shez879 is Oneplus do not do monthly security updates if that is of importation to you. They say they do them ****-monthly so they can concentrate on fixing bugs etc. that the community highlight but i am not convinced myself.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Why on earth are you censoring the word "bí" HMD? All it does is make you look homophobic you morons.

• My Nokia 8phon Camera is not working

• hoc hoc
    ✭✭  / 

For me, i use the Opencam app whenever my needs are not satisfied with the default Nokia-Zeiss camera app. I don't even need Google cam app, which i find not as overall great as Opencam !

Unlike the default camera app, Opencam can do auto continue onto next video clip recording, manual exposure adjustment on-the-fly while doing live video recording etc. which is a shame the Nokia-Zeiss app or even the Huawei-Leica camera app (for Huawei devices) don't have ?!