Will it work with a bluetooth keyboard - (for texting mainly)

Hi. I like my new 8110 4G but texting is driving me bonkers! I've looked at all the posts regarding how poor it is on this phone and agree with most.

Will it work with a bluetooth keyboard - (for texting mainly)

hauwi hauwi
✭✭  / 
Hi. I like my new 8110 4G but texting is driving me bonkers! I've looked at all the posts regarding how poor it is on this phone and agree with most. So I wonder if there's an option to use an external keyboard for those times when typing long messages, etc.  ?

Comments

• Hi @Hauwi.  I can't see why not; have you tried connecting one?
  • keith keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Doesn't work with Bluetooth keyboard. Didn't think it would. 
  • eskerahn eskerahn
    ✭✭  / 
    keith said:
    In my experience many of the Bluetooth keyboards works with Ios devices but does not work with some Androids (Pairs OK, but does not get the keystrokes). If it pairs with the 8110 4G, it COULD be that it is the keyboard you tested with that is incompatible, and not that it is impossible with all Bluetooth keyboards.
  • keith keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    eskerahn said:
    keith said:
    In my experience many of the Bluetooth keyboards works with Ios devices but does not work with some Androids (Pairs OK, but does not get the keystrokes). If it pairs with the 8110 4G, it COULD be that it is the keyboard you tested with that is incompatible, and not that it is impossible with all Bluetooth keyboards.
    Possible but judging by the rest of the KaiOS I doubt it. Doesn't connect via Bluetooth to my hands free device I have in my car and every other smartphone has. We have to remember that KaiOS is not really a smart feature phone but more a feature phone with Google apps, which are the only smartness on the OS  
  • Bananaboy Bananaboy
    ✭✭  / 
    Doesn't work. Pairs, but doesn't work. It probably just hasn't got the SW support for the Keyboard HID.