Possible "fix" for missing navigation bar buttons

In navigation bar sometimes only back button is visible. When that happens I also can't pull down notifications and clock is not visible.

Possible "fix" for missing navigation bar buttons

vlaga vlaga
✭✭  / 
In navigation bar sometimes only back button is visible. When that happens I also can't pull down notifications and clock is not visible. While "tap to wake" option under display settings is helping me to get this problem less often it doesn't solve it.

It happened about half an hour ago again and I was going everywhere trough settings and it came back to normal functioning when I enabled system UI demo mode under developer options. You can find it under system > advanced > developer options > system UI demo mode.
There are two options. Enable demo mode and show demo mode. Everything came back to normal when I switched on second option. But of course you can't leave it on, so for now I left only first option on to see will it for some reason stop this issue.
It is possible this doesn't have anything to do with bug, maybe it just came back to normal and I was at that moment at that place in settings. I'm sharing this so if someone is willing to try also.

If someone doesn't know how to activate developer options, settings > about phone > build number (click it many times (5 or 10?))

I hope this works and helps.

Comments

• vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  / 
    Nope! It happened again and this fix doesn't work.  :/
  • Hi. I have same kind of issue with navigation bar. Issue is appear sometimes when you plug in your charger and after you remove charger and lock the screen it works fine. And issue may appear in normal daily use. Where is Nokia brands quality!
  • vismaykrishna vismaykrishna
    ✭✭  / 
    I had the same issue now I came to check if anyone have this mine's a Nokia 7 plus  with the latest security patch of January I'm experiencing the same issue multiple times now and I'm seeing some sort of lag in the set which will happen for  2 or 3 seconds sometimes the YouTube video gets stuck for a 2 3 seconds things like that happens now 
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  /  edited February 22
    It looks like changing language brings buttons back. I've tried it three times (three different situations when it happened) and after few seconds buttons were back. Let me know if it works for you.

System - languages & input - languages