Nokia 8.1 touch unresponsive sometimes

I bought Nokia 8.1 2 weeks ago. Sometimes touch screen becomes unresponsive and fixed after few seconds without turn off/on.

Nokia 8.1 touch unresponsive sometimes

khris khris
✭✭  / 
I bought Nokia 8.1 2 weeks ago.

Sometimes touch screen becomes unresponsive and fixed after few seconds without turn off/on.

Is it h/w problem? I also tried clear cache, factory reset and etc. But all of those are not working.

Answers

• DHV DHV
    ✭✭  / 
    I bought this 4 weeks ago, it screen wake-up often time without touch the screen and double tap function not working.
  • varad12345 varad12345
    ✭✭  / 
    even i faced the same issue since the jan update. it was fixed after the service centre reinstalled it but again problem arised after update
  • varad12345 varad12345
    ✭✭  / 
    its not hardware issue, the pie update has lot of bugs
  • Arpit Shahi Arpit Shahi
    ✭✭  / 
    DHV said:
    I bought this 4 weeks ago, it screen wake-up often time without touch the screen and double tap function not working.
    I am also having same issue
  • sayyed vihan sayyed vihan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I got this issue after January update @khris
  • I too have the same issue. Its been since i bought it in January.....
  • Dgenxsuppi Dgenxsuppi
    ✭✭  / 
    Pubg me fire button hi ni daba aur me tournament har gya
    ......klpd hogya
  • Abhijeetraj Abhijeetraj
    ✭✭  / 
    Very disappointing experience so far with Nokia 8.1. Touch becomes unresponsive and the issue persist for quite a long time. :( . Kindly let me know it's solution.
  • silent eyes silent eyes
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same issue after the update. First i thought it's a hardware issue. I mostly face this problem while i play games.
  • Vijay Kumar C M Vijay Kumar C M
    ✭✭  / 
    Even I am having the same issue, kindly resolve it asap
  • jills4824 jills4824
    ✭✭  / 
    I am also experiencing the same problem. Hard reset also done.
    It started after one of the updates in which firmware version of touch panel was also updated.

If the Nokia teams can look at the logs from our phones.
  • Geordiemick Geordiemick
    ✭✭  / 
    Mines the opposite. My keypad is oversensitive and stutters. It's driving me mad.
  • blombot blombot
    ✭✭  / 
    khris said:

Sometimes touch screen becomes unresponsive and fixed after few seconds without turn off/on.

Is it h/w problem? I also tried clear cache, factory reset and etc. But all of those are not working.
    I am also facing the same issue. The touch becomes responsive after I swipe my finger across the screen otherwise i keep tapping the screen but the touch does not get registred. Plz fiz this issue asap.
    It probably is a s/w issue as I took my phone to nokia care centre and they said the h/w is ok. 
  • blombot blombot
    ✭✭  / 
    also while writing on the keypad if I press for example 's' and 'i' then the keyboard glide types through s and i while i just tapped s and i.
    This is happening along with the frequent touch unresponsiveness. 
  • user1555208268263 user1555208268263
    ✭✭  / 
    Try 8 ball Pool game u will come to know there is Touch issue in Nokia 8.1 , esp evident when u click for shot on stick which is at top left of screen,1-2 times ,it will become unresponsive 
  • Rupom Rupom
    ✭✭  / 
    Try to safe mode and check it again
  • user1555208268263 user1555208268263
    ✭✭  / 
    Screen becomes unresponsive for few moments n my 8.1 too
  • gaurav singh01 gaurav singh01
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia this is  serious problem I  just bought Nokia 8.1 2 weeks ago I came up with issue that sometimes it's touch freezes and wouldn't respond few second pls fix
  • Even I faced same issue ....go to nearest Nokia care and ask them to install software again ...it worked for me
  • Gokul M Anil Gokul M Anil
    ✭✭  / 
    Guys I have the same problem, it's really irritating & sometimes I feel like throwing my phone :/
  • Skywalker1704 Skywalker1704
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem after June update
  • Kanna5288 Kanna5288
    ✭✭  / 
    My phone some times Screens are not working 
    some times 
    Works if the phone is locked and unlocked again😤😤😤
  • user1526383995228 user1526383995228
    ✭✭  / 
    khris said:

I have also same problem in my nokia 6.1 plus but after factory reset it get solved 
  • peter Mayhem peter Mayhem
    ✭✭  /  edited July 26
    7+ here and yea same issue aswell. I guess this is issue a lot of  The Nokia phones
  • gaurav singh01 gaurav singh01
    ✭✭  /  edited July 29
    Plzz do something Nokia this 8.1 is very disappointing driving me crazy fix it it's unresponsiveness wouldn't respond for few seconds it's ambient display features wouldn't respond,freezing issue lot of bugs Nokia is famous for it's best handset qualities and for giving best experience to it's customer but after so many reviews still there is no update and fix for it if you won't solve this bug then this is the worst handset of all time no matter how attractive you make phones but it is completely useless with this system failure of it very very unresponsive phone of all time whenever i try to lift check up my phone for new notifications this lift up screen wake feature doesn't work I wish to change quality of video in YouTube at that time it makes me irritate that I am not able to skip and forward video I have to unlock it again so that I can use touch freezes and it makes me feel like worst peace of **** crap Nokia has ever built I paid 27 bucks for this 6 GB varient for experiencing all this bullshit.....
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Are we even using the same phone???
    It's been 5 whole month that I'm using Nokia 8.1 and it didn't let me down once! Not a single time! It's fast, responsive, it has great camera, system is stable, great build quality... 
    I've recently found out that I have two more Nokia 8.1s in my surrounding, one 6.1 and one 7 Plus, and people using them are also more than satisfied with their purchase. I really don't know what you're doing with your phones but I haven't seen a single proof of what y'all are bit*hing about. 
  • zuneid786 zuneid786
    ✭✭  / 
    I have a same issue something like that... Like screen freeze sometimes while using device and after turn off screen and on again I can make movement on screen/ display
  • Himanshu1712 Himanshu1712
    ✭✭  / 
    Guys don't buy nokia mobiles, they are not value for money.
  • PSHND PSHND
    ✭✭✭  / 

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    PSHND said:

He or she is just angry because they got shut down in that other thread and is taking their anger out by bad mouthing Nokia.