Nokia 5 February patch

Anyone received February patch for Nokia 5 ?

Nokia 5 February patch

Anyone received February patch for Nokia 5 ?

Comments

• No
  • Not yet.
  • No yet.  :(
  • not yet
  • Dorian D Dorian D
    ✭✭  / 
    Not yet
  • 🤔 I think no more security patch will comes for Nokia 5. If it's true, then it's very sad ☹️
  • 🤔 I think no more security patch will comes for Nokia 5. If it's true, then it's very sad ☹️
    Is Nokia declare that the Nokia 5 will not get no more patches ?
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I used to receive EVERY patch no later than 15th of every month... I'm now STUCK with 1 DECEMBER patch... this is very unusual! (i live in Portugal)
  • L Ali L Ali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 5 will definitely get Feb 2019 security patches and till as we come to know that all previously updated device getting security patch maintenances in the last of every month, like Nokia 8 Sirroco, Nokia 5.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 Plus, so keep hope and some well patience you will get it, in the last of this month...
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ali said:
    Nokia 5 will definitely get Feb 2019 security patches and till as we come to know that all previously updated device getting security patch maintenances in the last of every month, like Nokia 8 Sirroco, Nokia 5.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 Plus, so keep hope and some well patience you will get it, in the last of this month...
    My problem is not the monthly patch, but the ISSUES that plague this model... The only way i found to make it usable was to LIMIT the background processes to 4! Spent months in returns and testings, crashing apps, freezing the system... despair!!!
  • Ali said:
    My problem is not the monthly patch, but the ISSUES that plague this model... The only way i found to make it usable was to LIMIT the background processes to 4! Spent months in returns and testings, crashing apps, freezing the system... despair!!!
    are any disadvantage of doing this ?
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    are any disadvantage of doing this ?
    NONE as far as i can see (doing this for 3 months now). Suggested HERE: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/4108/phone-almost-unusable-after-update-to-android-8-1

Only problem is, if the phone REBOOTS and i forget to change this PROGRAMMER OPTION, i will get a SLUGGISH non usable phone in no time!
  • When nokia 5 february security patch will come?
  • Gold2ooT Gold2ooT
    ✭✭  / 
    Just got the update, UK, TA-1024. 368.9MB. It's only the security patch.
  • I've received it today. TA-1024 England.
  • Eic Eic
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    DO NOT UPDATE! it broke my fingerprint scanner!
    Nevermind.. Soft reset helped. Although it deleted fingerprint records, so I had to setup everything again.