Nokia 5 Battery Drain issue

My Nokia 5 will last for 2 days on average use when it was running android oreo.

Nokia 5 Battery Drain issue

My Nokia 5 will last for 2 days on average use when it was running android oreo. Once i did the android pie update, The battery keeps draining even though the phone is unused. Could nokia fix this issue with an update?

Comments

• Dear pls upset to android 9 upset 
  • Once perform factory data reset.
  • hi buddy, I was facing a similar issue.
    my 5.1 plus hardly give me one-day backup. also, the performance was poor and slow. then I follow some fixes like un-installing all optimizing apps like CCleaner, battery savers apps, ram cleaner. cleared cache and free up some space. now it is working comparatively better. i strongly recommend using files go

if you still have issues, you can refer to the guide I used to improve the performance of my android https://gadgetshala.com/15-tricks-to-speed-up-android-phone-in-5-minutes/
  • > @smishra9909 said:
    > hi buddy, I was facing a similar issue.
    > my 5.1 plus hardly give me one-day backup. also, the performance was poor and slow. then I follow some fixes like un-installing all optimizing apps like CCleaner, battery savers apps, ram cleaner. cleared cache and free up some space. now it is working comparatively better. i strongly recommend using files go
    >
    > if you still have issues, you can refer to the guide I used to improve the performance of my android https://gadgetshala.com/15-tricks-to-speed-up-android-phone-in-5-minutes/

https://gadgetshala.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/files-go-min-min-169x300.png
  • Jozef Rys Jozef Rys
     / 
    The android update was a waste of time for Nokia 5 it kills the battery and wants me to throw away a reasonably good phone. Already looking for a replacement. Needs fixing !!! 
  • Guys, the problem seems to be connected to particular Google accounts. My father has Nokia 5 @ Pie with no such problems, but I experience the same constant drain as you do. The phone never makes it over 2 days now even with little usage while the major cause seems to be Google Play Services which can get even to 25 % of battery usage. With Oreo, I could easily get over 3 days, sometimes even 4 or slightly more.

Anyway: I tried factory reset, wiping cache partition, safe mode: nothing helped. Then I checked battery usage using Wakelock Detector LITE and found that the phone NEVER goes to deep sleep with this drain. Today I tried deleting all Google Play Services data, left the phone alone for about an hour, checked the Wakelock Detector again and VIOLÀ! The phone was in deep sleep for 55 out of 60 minutes. The problem is that my data is not backed up right now, so it's definitely not the final solution… I will post again when I find anything else. :smile:
  • OK, i was wrong, the drain started again even with the Google Play Services backup account deleted. I enabled the backup again, kept trying and found a solution, at least for me.

I found out that after restart, the phone enters deep sleep with no problems, but at some point, it stops doing this. After a couple of days of checking Wakelock Detector frequently I noticed the deep sleep is prevented after I use any app tied to the location of the device: Waze, Maps, public transport schedules, even an NFC payment!

So – I try to minimize the usage of these apps and when I need to use them, I restart the phone after. I admit this "solution" can be very inconvenient for some users and is definitely not optimal, but at least I can get back to 3 days of battery life instead of about 30 hours or less.