Missing Fingerprints data on Android Pie

Everytime I restart the phone it loses my fingerprints, and I have to register them again. It seems an OS issue.

Missing Fingerprints data on Android Pie

viana viana
✭✭  / 
Everytime I restart the phone it loses my fingerprints, and I have to register them again. It seems an OS issue.

Comments

• viana viana
    ✭✭  / 
    I can't add the same fingerprints I had before.
  • viana said:
    I can't add the same fingerprints I had before.
    I learned that another restart clears the "memory", after you set up at least 1 new finger.
    Then restart again and all the "old" fingers are removed and I could once again set up my normal fingers. Lesson learned: DONT let it learn all 10 fingers!
  • I am also having the same problem on Nokia 6, happened with the new update to Android Pie
  • MAX MAX
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, this happens to me too 
  • user1528474727591 user1528474727591
    ✭✭  / 
    This is a real issue. It started on the Nokia 6 when it went to pie and seems like there is no fix yet 
  • Veljko Stosic Veljko Stosic
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue for me... I don't know what to do
  • lian lian
    ✭✭  / 
    A suggestion I found on the internet: "Set your unlock method to none temporarily, and it will warn you that all fingerprints get deleted after doing it! Surprise surprise, this includes the phantom ones that didn't work but prevented adding the finger again! You can then proceed to add all your fingers back."

Just did this, cannot confirm it works yet.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/aslli3/fingerprints_disappeared/
  • RAVI. RAVI.
    ✭✭  / 
    it also happens with me but only when phone is shutted down due to low battery (0%). On normal restarts it doesn't happen.