NOKIA Forum

Hello I remembered a while back .. maybe a few hundred years ago, maybe much earlier ..

NOKIA Forum

aainaa aainaa
✭✭  / 
Hello

I remembered a while back .. maybe a few hundred years ago, maybe much earlier .. that Nokia had its own community from within the device that we could access to, like apps, and support etc. Will Nokia revert to that, or continue to use its current web frontend community forum?

#UX #UI
Tagged:

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    There have been talks of a seperate community app. And, it is planned to arrive in Play Store like bunch of other Nokia apps. But, we won't be able to say for sure when will we be able to see this happening. Or, will we even see this happening since these are all talks and there is no official announcement about the community app yet. These were just the things that we discussed during the meeting with HMD officials during our Dubai Event.

As they say, this community forum is still on the beta stage and I think they still have a lot of changes to make and a lot of bugs to fix here. So, I think a separate app will be viable only when this community forum is finalized and stable. 
  • aainaa aainaa
    ✭✭  / 
    Noted. Thank you for the prompt update. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    aainaa said:
    Noted. Thank you for the prompt update. 
    You're most welcome.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @aainaa, I think that the app you remember from previous Nokias was just an app front-end to the forum database backend, which could also be accessed via a web browser anyway. You can access this forum via the My Phone app, but it is a web frontend. Do you really want a dedicated app with a non-web frontend for the forum? Or do you just not want to access the forum through your browser?

Hi @wilson shrestha, don't you think that the web frontend we can access through the My Phone app is what they meant when they told us in Dubai? I can't imagine them making another dedicated app.

Cheers :)
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Hi @aainaa, I think that the app you remember from previous Nokias was just an app front-end to the forum database backend, which could also be accessed via a web browser anyway. You can access this forum via the My Phone app, but it is a web frontend. Do you really want a dedicated app with a non-web frontend for the forum? Or do you just not want to access the forum through your browser?

Hi @wilson shrestha, don't you think that the web frontend we can access through the My Phone app is what they meant when they told us in Dubai? I can't imagine them making another dedicated app.

Cheers :)
    No, I don't think that's enough @madbilly. Although not a seperate app but just the web front end is not really intuitive at all. It is slow to load and there is no in-app notification to find out who meesaged us or who mentioned us in the community. I think after the beta for this website ends, they should work on not just the web frontend but a seperate app base even if they decide to put it on the same My Phone app.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @wilson shrestha, yes I can see how the lack of notifications could be a problem.

I think they are unfortunately stuck with what is available for the platform, Vanilla forums. A progressive web app would be a significant improvement as it could have notifications and should not require much extra effort as it could still use the web frontend (with improvements) - it could also be used on non-Android phones ;)