Nokia 5 - Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core "Kind of gimmick"

I came from an old Moto X 2014 to this great value device (129$ new on Amazon US) and this case is kind of strange, I know that may not be a fault from HMD/Nokia and I tried two apps to check some stuff on my new device and I found that the SoC used on it is a Snapdragon 430 with is branded and advertised as a "Full octa core" (x8 Cortex A53 @1.4Ghz) but AIDA64 and DevCheck advice that is a 4+4 (2 clusters) CPU (4 @1.4Ghz and the other 4 @1Ghz)  Is this an limitation made by HMD?

Nokia 5 - Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core "Kind of gimmick"

SojiroDan SojiroDan
✭✭  /  edited February 2019
I came from an old Moto X 2014 to this great value device (129$ new on Amazon US) and this case is kind of strange, I know that may not be a fault from HMD/Nokia and I tried two apps to check some stuff on my new device and I found that the SoC used on it is a Snapdragon 430 with is branded and advertised as a "Full octa core" (x8 Cortex A53 @1.4Ghz) but AIDA64 and DevCheck advice that is a 4+4 (2 clusters) CPU (4 @1.4Ghz and the other 4 @1Ghz)
Is this an limitation made by HMD? or a gimmick from Qualcomm? If anyone has a Nokia 6 2017 wich got the same SoC please try this and report back

Comments

• sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is how it's supposed to be. 4 "high" powered cores and 4 low powered ones
  • SojiroDan SojiroDan
    ✭✭  / 
    sheppards1984 said:
    This is how it's supposed to be. 4 "high" powered cores and 4 low powered ones
    I know it but the way as Qualcomm advertise their SoC is Octa ARM Cortex A53 up to 1.4GHz, they never said something like as 615 by example that ia advertise as well: Quad 1.5GHz ARM Cortex™ A53 + Quad 1.0GHz A53 CPUs, this is quite weird.
  • sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Change of wording, that's all
  • Rayudu007 Rayudu007
    ✭✭  / 
    have  update pie in nokia 8