Security Updates

My Nokia 5 (TA-1053) is stuck on the April Security Update. I've had not problem with any of the previous updates, including 8.1.0.

Security Updates

My Nokia 5 (TA-1053) is stuck on the April Security Update. I've had not problem with any of the previous updates, including 8.1.0. I know the May and June Security Updates are already available for the Nokia 5, but mine keeps telling me my "system is up to date". No help from Nokia Support Chat.

Comments

• nishanth nishanth
     /  edited June 2018

Updates are released in batches based on location. You should be getting the recent June / July update.

Give your phone a restart and check for the updates. It should work.
    Also, connect to a Wifi as the update size is large.

Nokia 5, Android 8.1 update was available from April / May. 

• nrpatrao nrpatrao
     /  edited June 2018

Well, I already did several restarts and one factory rest, and it still reports no updates available.

• me to
  • I currently have a Nokia 5 TA-1044, I'm currently in Colombia, so I guess it's a Latin America variant. Ever since I got the Oreo 8.1 update, the regular monthly security updates stopped. And barely got an additional one in august. So I've been over six months without any new security updates. What worries me, is that every time I get the support chat, they tell me to reset the Google Play Services, Telephone and some other apps cache, then remove the SIMs, since it's a dual SIM model, and soft reset the device. That way, I'll be able to get the updates. I've done it hundred times and so far nothing. I'm a software developer and to this point is obvious the device has no problems, they even tell me to get the device to tech service, but I'm not fool, Nokia/HMD Global people aren't pushing those updates because the don't care any longer about the older devices. They came with the promise of being as good as Google itself with the updates, but so far, they haven't been up to their promise. It's a shame and seems that ultimately if you want the best support with an Android device, you'll have to look into Pixel devices. I really miss Windows Phone/Mobile.