Share your thoughts on the recent stable Oreo 8.1 Update on the Nokia 2. Are there any bugs?

I don't own a Nokia 2 but I would really love to hear from you guys about your experience with this update once you install it.

Share your thoughts on the recent stable Oreo 8.1 Update on the Nokia 2. Are there any bugs?

wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 20
I don't own a Nokia 2 but I would really love to hear from you guys about your experience with this update once you install it. It would be really helpful for other users who are skeptical about this update.

Here, is the link to download stable Oreo 8.1 for Nokia 2. Please read all the details on the site carefully before downloading. 

Link:

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-2-upgrade/
Tagged:

Comments

• akshay.s.th akshay.s.th
    ✭✭  / 
    Just received the stable oreo update, quite happy as i've been waiting for it the day i joined the beta programme. No changes observed/ felt whether positive or negative. The best thing is the Feedback app has gone which used to suck a **** lot of battery in the background.
  • Mohamed Nabil Mohamed Nabil
    ✭✭  / 
    Requested the ota update and waiting, and i'm glad the ota revert to nougat option is still available
    I will definitely share my experience with oreo 8.1 once it's installed
    ✭✭  / 
    ok my first impression is that it's very laggy and heavy and a lot of frame drops using the drop down menu ☹️
    Ram usage is 67℅
    I'm gonna wait a couple of days to decide whether to stay on oreo 8.1 or revert back to nougat ☹️
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Just received the stable oreo update, quite happy as i've been waiting for it the day i joined the beta programme. No changes observed/ felt whether positive or negative. The best thing is the Feedback app has gone which used to suck a **** lot of battery in the background.
    Thanks for the info. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ok my first impression is that it's very laggy and heavy and a lot of frame drops using the drop down menu ☹️
    Ram usage is 67℅
    I'm gonna wait a couple of days to decide whether to stay on oreo 8.1 or revert back to nougat ☹️
    Thanks for the info. This will definitely help other users who are in dilemma to make a decision to whether to stay in Nougat or jump to Oreo.
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @wilson shrestha Hello User,After updating to Oreo 8.1 
    1)Device Has got Now 250MB free RAM which makes the device run as expected.also one of my game works really well after update.
    2) Compare to the Previous Beta build this one was received with 70% bug fixtures which can make this OS as daily driver
    3) Battery Drain Remains same but for me doesn't be a big issue
    4)Also As it came along with a 2018-12 Security Patch so I expect that upcoming Security Patch will address this issue
    5)I just recommend user that Overall this can be used without any problem only the thing is that every one need to enable Developer Mode and set it correctly so that device works well and can enjoy the OS
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ram usage is 67℅
    Hello User,Frame rate drop is due to the default animation value was set to 1x which feels laggy
    I recommend to Enable developer settings and from there Set the Animation scales to 0.5x and check your device
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @wilson shrestha Hello User,After updating to Oreo 8.1 
    1)Device Has got Now 250MB free RAM which makes the device run as expected.also one of my game works really well after update.
    2) Compare to the Previous Beta build this one was received with 70% bug fixtures which can make this OS as daily driver
    3) Battery Drain Remains same but for me doesn't be a big issue
    4)Also As it came along with a 2018-12 Security Patch so I expect that upcoming Security Patch will address this issue
    5)I just recommend user that Overall this can be used without any problem only the thing is that every one need to enable Developer Mode and set it correctly so that device works well and can enjoy the OS
    Thanks for this awesome info. 😀
    ✭✭  / 
    user1520881638007 said:
    ser,Frame rate drop is due to the default animation value was set to 1x which feels laggy
    I recommend to Enable developer settings and from there Set the Animation scales to 0.5x and check your device
    Thanks for your suggestion, but still the animations transition is not as smooth as it used to be on nougat 7.1.1
    Also the nokia app has become very laggy on oreo 8.1 don't know why, it was ok on nougat
    There's still slight frame drops every now and then doing random stuff like using facebook lite and the google playstore
    Battety consumption so far:
    Started downloading oreo 8.1 with 56 ℅ battery. And aftet around 2 hours of on-screen usage my battery is 40 ℅ so i'd say it's not bad
    My overall experience so far that oreo 8.1's performance on nokia 2 is ok, i'd give it a 6 out of 10 hoping the security and stability updates will make it better in the near future
    ✭✭  / 
    Some screenshots of ram usage. Hope it helps
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's awesome update 😍
    Free ram here 300mb after the update to Oreo I did factory reset then the phone became smooth , I tested GTA LSC with the high settings there is few lags at the start but it's playable unlike in the nougat version 
    But there is a bug , the battery drains faster and I don't like the security patch to stick with December's one 
    However I see I can live with it currently until it's fixed :) 
    ✭✭  / 
    Is it recommended to do a factory reset after installing oreo 8.1? 
    Because I didn't do it
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is it recommended to do a factory reset after installing oreo 8.1? 
    Because I didn't do it
    I have read yes I should do factory reset when I get newer Android version to clear cash and the old android version data 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Some screenshots of ram usage. Hope it helps
    As per your conversation after every OS upgrades few issue will occur inspire of enabling Developer Mode.But it will be repaired as soon as we get the latest Security Patch because the devices which were upgraded to Pie also got Maintenance update for fixing these issue
  • jkelol111 jkelol111
    ✭✭  / 
    Very choppy performance right after update but factory reset solved it. Multitasking is definitely better, but animations still not as smooth as I would like it to be. No Go apps, I have to install them myself.
  • I'm I the only one who didnt received the update and I'm not a tester too ..dafuq is this??

#PKMKB
  • jkelol111 jkelol111
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm I the only one who didnt received the update and I'm not a tester too ..dafuq is this??

#PKMKB
    Register here: https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-2-upgrade
  • <b>is it official update?? I havent seen any news about it
    </b><b>is it available only for beta testers ?</b>
  • jkelol111 jkelol111
    ✭✭  / 
    KGF said:
    is it official update?? I havent seen any news about it
    is it available only for beta testers ?
    Yes it is, you can use the link I provided above to enroll into the Oreo Stable update. I guess they are trying to cover up the fact this phone took 1 year to get a Oreo update and the fact it will never taste Pie officially.
  • <b>thanks for info bro</b>
  • This IMEI Number is already in use.How do i solve this problem.Please help !
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Punyabrata Hello User,if you do factory reset through Recovery mode nothing will happen,better try resetting you phone by heading up 
    SETTINGS>SYSTEM>RESET>RESET ALL
    THIS WILL CLEAR THE ENTIRE DATA AND CACHE AND STARTS AS FRESH DEVICE

remember that before doing reset please take backup of your data.
  • So far I like the it when I tested the Oreo in beta version only the battery drain is really bad.i will try the stable version out and Nokia should please unlock the bootloader so as to be able to root or better still be able to use the device with project treble
  • It is really good to be updated.if Nokia 2.1 can get pie update.i believe Nokia 2 should get it too
  • masanza masanza
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yoruba yes bro we need Pie update Oreo for me works really well
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 22
    @Punyabrata Hello User,if you do factory reset through Recovery mode nothing will happen,better try resetting you phone by heading up 
    SETTINGS>SYSTEM>RESET>RESET ALL
    THIS WILL CLEAR THE ENTIRE DATA AND CACHE AND STARTS AS FRESH DEVICE

remember that before doing reset please take backup of your data.
    Thank you for your support. 
     But, when my device was running nought version , once I had forgotten the lockscreen password . After this I headed towards recovery mode and performed factory reset and clear cache settings. 
    After reboot I logged in with google account and everything I got a fresh new start. 
    May be the problem I'm facing is a bug or may be it is not supported in Oreo (but logically it should work) . 
    Now my question : 
    1. If the factory reset option in recovery mode  will not work then why it is present ?.
    2. If some day I forgot my password or due to some reason I could not boot normally then what should I do ? 

Here we go
    1. First thing first-When any user faces some problems in their device the best suggested one is to head-up to settings and opt the factory reset option.
    2. Here as you says that why there is an option called factory reset option in recovery menu?Both the option will do the same but here depend on situation option can be used
    3. Factory Reset Via Device settings:This option is used when the device undergoes general issue and still device is in working condition
    4.  Factory Reset Via Recovery menu:This option is used when device has undergoes major issue like Phone freezes,Password forgot,even in the case of general issue(but this option is used in rare case only)stuck in device update.(This is to be used when device is not in working condition only)
    5. here i used a word nothing because if you do factory reset in any mode the end result will be same and also it is also noted that the factory reset option via recovery mode used as per 4th Point only.
    6. Regarding Second one As this a Stable build they may enabled the recovery menu options completely.so you may not worry about that.
    7. Also the answer was given to you based on the your comment only.Hope you may understood
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yoruba said:
    It is really good to be updated.if Nokia 2.1 can get pie update.i believe Nokia 2 should get it too
    Nokia 2.1 is a go edition one and also it only gets the NEW SYSTEM NAVIGATION,NEW SYSTEM MENU AND NOTIFICATION ONLY as a part of upgrades.still it missed out the features like Normal Android Pie OS.Nokia 2 being a normal android can also be upgraded only if they removed some features asIf you see in Oreo 8.1 OS one of the hero features "PICTURE-IN PICTURE"mode was removed and it was released.
  • KGF KGF
     /  edited February 23
    guys how to clear cache data at once ! Factory reset is a must or what?
  • Is there any way to get oreo for motherboard changed nokia 2. I can't get the request OTA button because of that.