Missing Fingerprints after Android 9 Pie V5.140

Extremely disappointed from Nokia that they haven't fixed the major bug. The phone is missing Fingerprints whenever it gets shutdown after low battery.

Missing Fingerprints after Android 9 Pie V5.140

Zain Ihsan Zain Ihsan
✭✭  / 
Extremely disappointed from Nokia that they haven't fixed the major bug. The phone is missing Fingerprints whenever it gets shutdown after low battery. It's been 2 months and we're still facing this unbearable problem. Any solution of this problem so far? or should i roll back to bugs free Oreo?

Comments

• Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I tested this now, depleted the battery to 0% and after start the phone, my fingerprints are there and works.
    Hmmm... Maybe this bug doesn't happen every time.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You shouldn't allow your phone battery empty in the first place. Lithium ion batteries should kept at least above 40 per cent full or they wear out very quickly.
  • Zain Ihsan Zain Ihsan
    ✭✭  / 
    I tested this now, depleted the battery to 0% and after start the phone, my fingerprints are there and works.
    Did you start the phone immediately after plugging the charger or after the battery charged atleast 20%? I read somewhere that the fingerprints remains there if you start after charging it for some time. Maybe that's the case but still it wasn't in Oreo. :disappointed:
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I didn't know about this problem. You have reported it to support directly haven't you? https://www.nokia.com/phones/locale/support
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I emailed with support several times about it ...
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Did you start the phone immediately after plugging the charger or after the battery charged atleast 20%? I read somewhere that the fingerprints remains there if you start after charging it for some time. Maybe that's the case but still it wasn't in Oreo. :disappointed:
    The phone was Off when plugged to the adapter. When I checked the charge it was at 25% and it was turned On by itself.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @martin.fd yes you're pretty good at telling support, AFAIK from your posts. However, we need everyone to tell them, as one person complaining a lot is a nuisance, but lots of people is a problem that needs to be addressed.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly that's perfectly right! And in my requests I often link the corresponding forum threads ... maybe somebody will look into it? (Hope dies last ...)
  • I have exactly the same problem with my Nokia 6!! were you ever able to rectify your problem?
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Annoyingly not yet ... the only workaround is as described here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/comment/107934/#Comment_107934

• twomm twomm
    ✭✭  / 
    count me in - confirming the issue with missing fingerprints after low battery