Is anyone facing screen burn-in issue on the Nokia 8.

My screen seems to occasionally have a screen burn-in. Especially after long work days.

Is anyone facing screen burn-in issue on the Nokia 8.

jesil jesil
✭✭  /  edited February 2019
My screen seems to occasionally have a screen burn-in. Especially after long work days. It does go away after a while but it's not something I expected out of a flagship. Has anyone faced this issue? And is there any solution to make it go away. 

It's especially persistent and discernable on apps with clear white/light backgrounds. Sometimes the burn-in is the lockscreen.

Best Answer

Answers

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't have this problem (luckily)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @jesil,
    I have never experienced this issue. There are suggestions that the screens used are not the same in all markets, presumably due to supply chain issues. Markets like India where the smartphones must, by law, me manufactured locally, may therefore have a slightly different screen due to supply chain constraints. This could be why some people have experienced this problem and others have not.
    Cheers :)
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Markets like India where the smartphones must, by law, me manufactured locally, may therefore have a slightly different screen due to supply chain constraints.
    But hey, we do not have such a law. HMD is only manufacturing locally to enjoy some tax benefits and save on import duties 😁
    The burn-in is seen all over the internet though on a number of devices. I guess it is a limitation of the screen tech and will be caused for anybody who keeps his display on for longer intervals.. In fact, Zack's (Jerry Rig Everything) Samsung has kinda permanentr burns now and he plans to finally upgrade to a new phone (after 2 years).
  • Karthiks Karthiks
    ✭✭  / 
    Download Twilight app and set intensity to 0 and screen dim to 5% 
    This reduced my screen burn in significantly ... It's almost non existent now
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ah, okay, I misunderstood. To avoid crippling import taxes, the phones must be, by law, manufactured locally.
    Did I get it right that time? ;)
    But Samsung uses OLED doesn't it? Whereas the Nokia 8 is LCD. I don't want to reopen the passionate debate about OLED vs LCD though! :D
  • cedricgoetze cedricgoetze
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2019
    Hello,
    I got my phone back from repair. But the burn in issue is still there.
    I read that there is a chance to get the phone replaced. Has anyone done this? if so, how?
    The Online Support couldn't help and told me to send it in again.
    Thanks in advanced
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If the issue is still there then raise another warranty claim! The best way to get a replacement or refund is to ask - write a letter to include in the parcel and also send by email, saying that if the screen cannot be repaired or replaced then you'd like a replacement or a refund (but make it clear which you prefer). Asking is the best way to get what you want, because you make it easier for the company to give you customer satisfaction.
  • JaroRz JaroRz
    ✭✭  / 

I guess this is not funny joke sponsored by HMD.... Nokia 8- the flagship story.

Android 9 max, poor camera software and now I also have burn in appearing on the screen.

This supposed to be an IPS....I expected at least average plus quality and after 20 months of using the phone such unexpected thing. I am disappointed.

If I wanted to be a tester of a phone they should pay me for tests and not the opposite way.

What I can see the images are burning in closely to the edges of the screen. However what I super fascinating- it appears after some time disappears. And then appears in different shape from different application.

I can clearly see menus on the top of screen or parts of keyboards on the edges after screen is changed....

I will try to use the warranty however I heard the shop I bought the phone in went bankrupt so I will have to figure out to whom I should raise the issue and how to prove it as it disappears and is visible mostly on grey backgrounds.

Ech... what is problematic for me that I use it at work- bunch of applications and other things on the phone and now I have to arrange to move to some backup phone. It was supposed to be a flagship :(

Why HMD... Why?

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @JaroRz,

Burn in which disappears? Weird, but I suppose it can happen. Did you manage to send the phone off for repair?

Cheers 🙂

• a gallo a gallo
    ✭✭  / 

it happened to me when displaying the same image for several minutes, eg Google maps while driving. A simple app fixed it for me, it displayed all sort of different pixel colors and geometry shapes and started spinning them around quickly, basically "shaking" each pixel dot. After less than one minute, the burn-in issue was gone. I am sorry, I can't find it any more now but the name was "screen fix" or "display fix" or similar