Any screen flickering issues?

I have been using this nokia 8.1 for quite some time. The screen flickers while making a call sometimes, but not always. Software update issue or screen issue?

Any screen flickering issues?

I have been using this nokia 8.1 for quite some time. The screen flickers while making a call sometimes, but not always. Software update issue or screen issue? Any idea?

Answers

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @soorajkumar chandran have you downloaded google file app? 
  • I had the same problem...the screen didn't respond well when i pressed the power button to check my notifications...after some time it turned red as it flickered and after a while my screen burnt so i had it replaced...now after two or so months i get the same flickering...
  • Alwyn Joel Alwyn Joel
    ✭✭  / 
    I experienced the screen flickering as well. Mostly in the phone app onec in a while. 

While it flickered, I pulled down to see the notification tray. It did not flicker but I could see the background flickering. Guess it's a software issue.
  • Yeah I've noticed it to. Only when ImI using the phone app. Its a line at the bottom of the screen it's visible for a sec and then itsi back to normal.
  • Just got an 8.1 3 days back. Same issue. :(

• varunreghu007 varunreghu007
    ✭✭  / 
    I am facing the same issue. mostly when using the phone app  :(
  • varunreghu007 varunreghu007
    ✭✭  / 
    Anyone tried hard resetting the phone?
  • I have been using this nokia 8.1 for quite some time. The screen flickers while making a call sometimes, but not always. Software update issue or screen issue? Any idea?

there was an update from nokia. later i did not observe this issue. i guess its just a software glitch. 
  • @soorajkumar chandran have you downloaded google file app? 
    Yes, i have. 
  • MohamedBadawi MohamedBadawi
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2019
    I have the same issue. It happens every now and then, i.e. every few seconds while phone on stand-by, without making calls. I hard reset it, but no use. It started flickering during making the phone updates! Any help will be highly appreciated.
  • Dominic Ng Dominic Ng
    ✭✭  / 
    After 6/2019 updated, the issue cannot be resolved.
  • savaman savaman
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue, during (phone) app only.
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I experienced the screen flickering as well. Mostly in the phone app onec in a while. 
    Every screen of Nokia 8.1 has a bunch of dead pixels in its upper part.
    See the picture below.
  • Sougat Dey Sougat Dey
    ✭✭  / 
    I ave been using the Nokia 8.1 for the last 3 days. And I've been experiencing the same issue. Maybe after upgrading to August's security, the problem has started. Any idea about what to do now?
  • MaiHai MaiHai
    ✭✭  / 
    I got the same issue even with the newest update Android 10.

This flickering got worse and worse while making phone call in low signal areas.
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 2019
    Don't know how to solve this but i got this issue earlier and I tried soft reset,full reset but problem was present.I noticed it's happen because of my secondary sim which might have issue because of one year old i.e.Vodafone while using Data,Call and My First SIM is Airtel So I removed Vodafone SIM used  my device 2-3 days with single sim  i didn't get this issue but when i put My Vodafone SIM I got issue so i replaced this sim and after that ported to Jio and i haven't seen this issue now.
  • [{"insert":"Even I started facing the problem on my brand new Nokia 8.1 really frustrating I had gone to Nokia service care 1st they did reset at gave but the problem was still occurring then I went again and then they said they will hv to keep the phone for some days ..i went to them after few days and then they were like we didn't get any sort of problem I was like WTF seriously I'm I joking ...then they said it ur SIM card problem..... How many of you use idea?? \n"}]
  • I am facinng the same problem, nokia do something

• manna manna
    ✭✭✭  / 

When we use Phone app screen get flickered...plz help Nokia

• Naseh Naseh
    ✭✭  / 

I bought a Nokia 2.2 and it had flickering problem from first seconds of using. so I refund it and bought another one and now this new one has same problem also😐 I don't know what to do. Is there anyone else has this problem with Nokia 2.2?

• Abrol Abrol
    ✭✭  / 

Basically what I have noticed the problem is only with the 2G network of Idea Vodafone and BSNL whenever there is 4/3 G connectivity for all these three networks then no issue of flickering is there otherwise either you have These Sims in first sim slot or second sim slot except Airtel the 2G network makes the screen flickers

this is the problem of The frequencies

• manna manna
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have observed that when SMS is going out or coming then this problem occurs...any update nokia...

• Abrol Abrol
    ✭✭  / 

Try calling your second sim mobile number while keeping the second sim on 2G network then see if the flickering occurs

• Abrol Abrol
    ✭✭  / 

Kindly update here what the service centre has done because the issue is only with the 2G network of Idea Vodafone and Airtel

if any rectification has been done by the Nokia service centre kindly update here

• 5216037 5216037
     / 

Issue with Secondary Sim.

Update your Secondary Sim Card it will be solved.

Tested & tried.

If still persist let me know 9997094262

• sunil nehra sunil nehra
    ✭✭  / 

Screen flickering issue in my nokia 5.1 plus something

Can u tell me thats software ya display issues

• GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 

No-one cares about the 5.1, go to the 5.1 board and ask.

• Fidelis G Cletus Fidelis G Cletus
    ✭✭  /  edited February 8

I too have the issue after update in nokia 8.1....sometimes locking & unlocking the screen helps....any solution?

• Jp4 Jp4
    ✭✭  / 

Am suffering same issue when I turn off my screen after few secon screen would turn on with out any touch

This is causing fast battery daring and very very slow to charge

"After I turn of tap to wake button their is no pblem"

Is this software or hardware issue pls pls help me