Need wireless FM radio handset

Dear HMD Team, I am music lover, so most of the time I prefer to listen from FM RADIO 

Need wireless FM radio handset

NIMISHA NIMISHA
✭✭✭✭  / 
Dear HMD Team,

I am music lover, so most of the time I prefer to listen from FM RADIO 

I recently bought "Nokia Original BH-501 Active Wireless Earphones", it works fine with any music app or music library. But what I feel it would be more fun if I could have played FM radio through it. 

I would suggest you to launch Wireless FM Radio in future handsets so any wireless Bluetooth accessories like earphones, earbuds, etc can be abled to play FM radio.

Thank you
Warm regards
Nimisha 

:)  

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ah, the old story of FM radio reception.

This has a technical aspect: FM radio needs an antenna, and this antenna is too long to put inside a phone. So, when a phone supports FM radio reception it uses the wires of wired (not wireless) headphones as the antenna. This is why you can't get FM radio with your BH-501 headphones, which I imagine is a bit of a sad surprise for you, as you don't want to replace your wireless headphones with wired ones.

Now, the ability to receive FM radio without wired headphones is a fun suggestion! I don't know if it is technically possible though. Maybe someone else can tell us?

Maybe you could have wired headphones connected so you can receive FM radio and also have your wireless headphones connected and try and see if you can hear the FM radio app (I don't know if both wired and wireless headphones can be used together simultaneously).

Except, that I think the 8.1 (which I think you have) does not support FM radio :( Check your user guide and see what it says.

Good luck :smiley:
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Dear HMD Team,

I am music lover, so most of the time I prefer to listen from FM RADIO 

I recently bought "Nokia Original BH-501 Active Wireless Earphones", it works fine with any music app or music library. But what I feel it would be more fun if I could have played FM radio through it. 

I would suggest you to launch Wireless FM Radio in future handsets so any wireless Bluetooth accessories like earphones, earbuds, etc can be abled to play FM radio.

Thank you
    Warm regards
    Nimisha 

:)  

I faced this too with wireless headsets.. Hope in future we can use FM Radio wirelessly too....
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    Ah, the old story of FM radio reception.

This has a technical aspect: FM radio needs an antenna, and this antenna is too long to put inside a phone. So, when a phone supports FM radio reception it uses the wires of wired (not wireless) headphones as the antenna. This is why you can't get FM radio with your BH-501 headphones, which I imagine is a bit of a sad surprise for you, as you don't want to replace your wireless headphones with wired ones.

Now, the ability to receive FM radio without wired headphones is a fun suggestion! I don't know if it is technically possible though. Maybe someone else can tell us?

Maybe you could have wired headphones connected so you can receive FM radio and also have your wireless headphones connected and try and see if you can hear the FM radio app (I don't know if both wired and wireless headphones can be used together simultaneously).

Except, that I think the 8.1 (which I think you have) does not support FM radio :( Check your user guide and see what it says.

Good luck :smiley:
    NOKIA 8.1 supports FM Radio brother.... Sorry to disappoint you  :D :D :D
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly then how this kinds of mobiles' FM work without wired earphones?  :D
    Well, Nokia devices till now support FM RADIO. 
     Also, I got this idea while enjoying my new wireless earphones😀 
    Yes I enjoy my FM Radio through wired earphones which comes along with handset. (I've both)💃✌️

Sorry to say this but I hardly get your 1st stanza 😆, not a technology person like you

@Argho Sarkar  if this technology will come in future I would probably be buying earbuds🤣

Cheers 🍻
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly then how this kinds of mobiles' FM work without wired earphones?  :D
    Well, Nokia devices till now support FM RADIO. 
     Also, I got this idea while enjoying my new wireless earphones😀 
    Yes I enjoy my FM Radio through wired earphones which comes along with handset. (I've both)💃✌️

Sorry to say this but I hardly get your 1st stanza 😆, not a technology person like you

@Argho Sarkar  if this technology will come in future I would probably be buying earbuds🤣

Cheers 🍻
    again buying earbuds.. why .. Use these ones #Richie_Rich  :D :D
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've no idea how wireless FM works unfortunately.

And not all Nokia phones support FM radio even with wired headphones. There was a huge long discussion about it for the Nokia 8, and I think the 8 Sirocco and 7+ don't support it either. https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/306/missing-fm-radio

@Argho Sarkar you don't disappoint me by telling me the 8.1 supports FM radio, I am very happy to be wrong! I can't find it in the user guide though, which is why I didn't know.

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly oh! I didn't know that thanks for informing 😃

Cheers🍻
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    I've no idea how wireless FM works unfortunately.

And not all Nokia phones support FM radio even with wired headphones. There was a huge long discussion about it for the Nokia 8, and I think the 8 Sirocco and 7+ don't support it either. https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/306/missing-fm-radio

@Argho Sarkar you don't disappoint me by telling me the 8.1 supports FM radio, I am very happy to be wrong! I can't find it in the user guide though, which is why I didn't know.

ooo.. other devices dont have FM Radio.. that's odd