Well done Nokia for bringing the pie with almost all features even though it's been late

Although there are some faults like camera app and compass it's okay to say they atlast made it by bringing pie to nokia 8 with latest features like digital…

Well done Nokia for bringing the pie with almost all features even though it's been late

Shiva srk Shiva srk
✭✭  / 
Although there are some faults like camera app and compass it's okay to say they atlast made it by bringing pie to nokia 8 with latest features like digital wellbeing

I'm taking back the complaints I've made so far

Comments

• SCKH SCKH
    ✭✭  / 
    I would not care how best the camera quality is, what i need is the COMPASS to be working correctly. Come on... A flagship phone with faulty compass?
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 22
    However, what I find harder to ignore is how poorly they communicate with their customers.

Correct. They have made a first effort on this page: Nokia Smartphone Security Maintenance Release Summary - https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates
    There you can find not only the names and dates of the releases but also very, very detailed info on the security patches (by Google). 

The next logical step would be to have links on that page to detailed info on the bug fixes and system updates by Nokia.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Please excuse the off topic, but I don't want to start a thread just for this.
    As of lately the forums are loading extremely slowly, is it just me or do you guys get the same slow page load?
  • Jonesqalez838 Jonesqalez838
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm glad Nokia made their promise, and sure, some updates bring bugs with them, but I'm sure the bugs will be fixed eventually. I'm with Android 9.0 Pie on my Nokia 7 plus, January security patch, and the phone's just blazing fast. I only wish they would fix the touch issue through an OTA update.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Android 9 on the Nokia 7 Plus is such a nicer experience than it is on the Nokia 8, it works like a dream and is much nicer to use I'll grant you that.
  • Shiva srk Shiva srk
    ✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    I'm pretty sure the vast majority would've preferred to have the many bugs fixed instead of those "features". This update is yet another reason convincing me that this business is way over their capabilities, those features were the easiest thing to implement, while fixing the (crippling for some) bugs seems such a difficult task for their limited competence and/or manpower.
    Anyway, no more Nokia for me. Nokia is dead. RIP Nokia.

PS: I'm glad that you're happy with what they brought in this update, though. I guess their customer base will mainly consist of such people that don't have high demands/expectations from a so called flagship. Have a good one.
    I don't know why people are bothered so much about the bugs, i rarely have seen any 
    I think its a nice update afterall
    And also the compass bug is not much of an issue at all ,well atleast for me , theyll most probably fix it in later security updates

I know for sure they are trying but what they lack is the communication with customers

Be chill and enjoy the update guys 

• Shiva srk Shiva srk
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Android 9 on the Nokia 7 Plus is such a nicer experience than it is on the Nokia 8, it works like a dream and is much nicer to use I'll grant you that.
    Its because
    1. Its and android one device
    2.it doesnt have any physical buttons
    So the guesture based navigation works completely fine as of pixel lineup and other devices
    3. It has a larger screen and its newer than nokia 8
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Its because
    So the guesture based navigation works completely fine as of pixel lineup and other devices
    I use Nova launcher on it with the navigation buttons, Google can jam gesture based navigation right up where the sun doesn't shine.

Also just to pick up on your point 3 the 7 Plus might have a larger screen but it is at a lower resolution and the device is also significantly less powerful than the Nokia 8 so it isn't all a bed of roses.
  • Shiva srk Shiva srk
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Its because
    I use Nova launcher on it with the navigation buttons, Google can jam gesture based navigation right up where the sun doesn't shine.

Also just to pick up on your point 3 the 7 Plus might have a larger screen but it is at a lower resolution and the device is also significantly less powerful than the Nokia 8 so it isn't all a bed of roses.
     what would be the use of navigation buttons then , it would be pretty awkward if we have navigation gestures along with physical buttons also 1080p isn't lower resolution at all its perfect
    I think its a waste of 1440p on a 5.3" screen
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Its because
    Could you please clarify how is it nicer experience using 7 Plus because its Android One device?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Its because

what would be the use of navigation buttons then , it would be pretty awkward if we have navigation gestures along with physical buttons also 1080p isn't lower resolution at all its perfect
    I am not sure what you mean regarding the navigation it makes no sense whatsoever. To be clear on the Nokia 7 Plus i have access to gesture navigation is off, gone, goodbye, tarah, not in use, in the bin, i have no interest in it.

Can you clarify how 1080 x 2160 is not a lower resolution than 1440 x 2560? To be honest with you i think 1440p is a waste even on a 27inch monitor let alone a on a 5 inch screen but that is irrelevant, the Nokia 8 has it like it or not.

• Shiva srk Shiva srk
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Its because

I am not sure what you mean regarding the navigation it makes no sense whatsoever. To be clear on the Nokia 7 Plus i have access to gesture navigation is off, gone, goodbye, tarah, not in use, in the bin, i have no interest in it.

Can you clarify how 1080 x 2160 is not a lower resolution than 1440 x 2560? To be honest with you i think 1440p is a waste even on a 27inch monitor let alone a on a 5 inch screen but that is irrelevant, the Nokia 8 has it like it or not.

Doesn't nokia 8 have navigation buttons on the bottom thats the reason they didnt give software buttons and navigation based ui

I didnt say nokia 7 plus is higher res than nokia 8 i said 1080p is fine for nokia 7plus 

Youre the one who misunderstood me ,also you are contradicting your own statment
    Saying nokia 7 is lower res which is complete bullshit and( 1440p is waste on a 27 inch screen ) well how can you explain it 
    1440p on a 27" display comes to a meagre 109 ppi which is way too less and you can also count the individual pixels

• mrbelter said:
    marsic said:
    I'm pretty sure the vast majority would've preferred to have the many bugs fixed instead of those "features".
    A million times this.

I couldn't give a toss about a digital nanny or a battery monitor that might give you 10 minutes more, might make it worse but will probably do absolutely nothing.
    I concur fully. No bugs have been fixed at all. I want my phone back. Give me Oreo downgrade path.
  • Ognjen Šešlija Ognjen Šešlija
    ✭✭  /  edited February 26
    Shiva srk said:
    marsic said:
    I'm pretty sure the vast majority would've preferred to have the many bugs fixed instead of those "features". This update is yet another reason convincing me that this business is way over their capabilities, those features were the easiest thing to implement, while fixing the (crippling for some) bugs seems such a difficult task for their limited competence and/or manpower.

PS: I'm glad that you're happy with what they brought in this update, though. I guess their customer base will mainly consist of such people that don't have high demands/expectations from a so called flagship. Have a good one.
    I don't know why people are bothered so much about the bugs, i rarely have seen any 
    And also the compass bug is not much of an issue at all ,well atleast for me , theyll most probably fix it in later security updates

I know for sure they are trying but what they lack is the communication with customers

You don't know why are people who had a fully functioning phone now **** off cause it turned to a piece of crap???
    Battery is half of what it used to be, networking issues and drops, OK Google out, Compass not working, camera was promised to be fixed centuries ago. Instead we get Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive Battery and Brightness.
    Also, how on Earth you know that "they're trying"? Looks to me, nobody cares.
    Can you please not insult intelligence and be an apologist elsewhere?

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Shiva srk said:
    mrbelter said:
    Its because

Doesn't nokia 8 have navigation buttons on the bottom thats the reason they didnt give software buttons and navigation based ui

I didnt say nokia 7 plus is higher res than nokia 8 i said 1080p is fine for nokia 7plus 

Youre the one who misunderstood me ,also you are contradicting your own statment
    Saying nokia 7 is lower res which is complete bullshit and( 1440p is waste on a 27 inch screen ) well how can you explain it 
    1440p on a 27" display comes to a meagre 109 ppi which is way too less and you can also count the individual pixels

Yes the Nokia 8 has capacitive buttons but forgive me, i am sure you was talking about the Nokia 7 Plus given the number of times you mentioned it and the number of times i said Nokia 7 Plus in my replies to you. I will also reiterate (again) I DON'T WANT GESTURE NAVIGATION so i am not bothered it isn't on the Nokia 8.

"also 1080p isn't lower resolution at all its perfect." I've nothing to add to that.

I am sat here typing this on a 1080p 27 inch monitor and you cant see individual pixels even at a mere 81.59ppi when sitting normally. This is just about pushing the boundaries for a 1080p monitor I'll admit but you have to get to around 8 inches away from the screen to see individual pixels which is far too close to use the monitor. You see it is all about viewing distances, don't use your monitor like you do your phone kids you'll hurt your eyes and your arm will ache.
  • Shiva srk Shiva srk
    ✭✭  / 
    Shiva srk said:
    marsic said:

You don't know why are people who had a fully functioning phone now **** off cause it turned to a piece of crap???
    Battery is half of what it used to be, networking issues and drops, OK Google out, Compass not working, camera was promised to be fixed centuries ago. Instead we get Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive Battery and Brightness.
    Also, how on Earth you know that "they're trying"? Looks to me, nobody cares.
    Can you please not insult intelligence and be an apologist elsewhere?

We don't know for sure when they'll fix the bugs and give some other touches to pie let's wait and see