Patch june oreo in android P

being in the beta of android P ah jumped the patch of June of oreo, installing full ROM of oreo in android P !!! ah corrupted the system having to restore!

Patch june oreo in android P

xavito83 xavito83
 /  edited June 27
being in the beta of android P ah jumped the patch of June of oreo, installing full ROM of oreo in android P !!! ah corrupted the system having to restore! little **** from Nokia!

Comments

• sun sun
     /  edited June 13
    Same problem.
  • Same problem.
  • Same problem.? is very disappointed 

• vjman vjman
     /  edited June 15

Hi All,

I also got this update (about 1.3GB) a while back. However, after downloading, I did not restart the phone which I guess means the update was not applied. How do I make sure to remove this so that I can wait for the proper OTA? I don't want to go through the pain of applying a corrupted update and restoring everything all over again!

• Yeah, after the June security update it reverted to Oreo and I get a pop up for "com.android.phone" stopping, which I am guessing isn't a very good thing.

I tried reapplying the Beta update package, but it failed cause the June Released version is apparently higher than the Beta so sideloading will fail and there's no way to force it. At this point factory reset is likely not going to result in you with a working phone, I will try applying the manual roll-back but I am guessing that's gonna fail as well because of the wrong version numbers.

• michaeltroger michaeltroger
     /  edited June 27

I also have this issue. The june security update let my phone freeze at the boot up (nokia logo). However I wanted to revert back to oreo anyways - now this is not possible anymore because of the timestamp:
    "E:Update package is older than the current build, expected a build newer than timestamp ..."

• user1525809453378 user1525809453378
     /  edited June 15

I tried applying the rollback build they provide you on the developer page but as expected it didn't work because of the timestamp.

Since I don't have any personal information that I don't have a local copy or cloud save of I factory reset the phone and it worked, I am back on Oreo. I don't know if it's possible to install the P Beta though, but I am not planning on as long they release the version 2 or come up with a fix for this issue.

• Deeptwix Deeptwix
     /  edited June 15

Same problem here, I'll do a factory reset but I'm quite bummed by this.

Would love to have an official info about what happened with this update.

• user1526761092518 user1526761092518
     /  edited June 15

Same here, freezed on the logo !!! factory reset worked back to OREO

• Me too..from Vietnam..use factory reset to back oreo 8.1..lost some documents..Nokia plz tell me why
  • Thinking to be updated to Android developer preview 3 ( Android 9 ) but critical error...huhu tell me why
  • Me too.

• Deeptwix Deeptwix
     /  edited June 15

Well. Can't apply the original P image, nor can I apply the one provided in the Manual roll-back.

When you use a developer preview, you definitely expect problems and stuff falling apart. Even the phone completely stopping to work, fine.

What you don't expect is that accepting an OTA Update will just wreck everything.

• Can't use the last Android P OTA update.zip to fix the issue.

• kk1 kk1
     /  edited June 14

same here. the June patch freeze everything.

• user1524207096379 user1524207096379
     /  edited June 14
    Same problem after installing security patch and finishing reboot it showed .com.androidphone stopped working and I had to hard reset after that it became Oreo 8.1
  • Amaze balls Amaze balls
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 15
    Same issue and hard reset fixed it but back on Oreo and now we can't try p anymore. I guess we have to wait for an another update and no official word from Nokia..who thought otp saying that it is a security update can screw everything up ?
  • user1528054880756 user1528054880756
     /  edited June 15

I had the same issue - only way to resolve it was a factory reset back to Oreo 8.1 via the recovery menu.  This appears to have fixed the phone (which was unusable following the OTA security patch) and it's been running without issues for 12 hours now.  Not ideal, as setting everything up again is a pain, but I guess that's the price you pay for being an early adopter on a new, pre-beta OS

✭✭✭  /  edited June 15
    So now we wait ? Like regular people ?
  • Unknown
     /  edited June 15

Hi everyone, 

I try to get some info on that and will pass them on to you all as soon as I can. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

• Nokia's response:

"Here are a few steps you can try to resolve your issue:

Go to: Settings > Apps and notifications > See all apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Clear data and Clear cache"

they didn't even read the email.

✭✭✭  / 
    You're lucky that you at least got a completely useless reply  June security update screwed everyone , normal users lost their volte capabilities and they didn't even get a reply. Well we made a smart move by buying Android one phones because even if it's good or horrible we're going to get updates that's something they can't run away from even though the customer support is terrible.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's News - https://goo.gl/6XJDhe
    A new OTA update is reportedly bricking HMD's mid-range phones by inadvertently downgrading them to Android 8.1 Oreo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The total screw up is news now visit Androidauthority.com or xda for reading the full article
  • user1528358319203 user1528358319203
     /  edited June 15

HMD, i've bought Nokia 7 Plus specially for Android P and now i'm stuck with 8.1

Really upset with that.

• Unknown
     /  edited June 15

Hi all, 

Thanks for all your interest in the Dev. Preview. I know that for a lot of you the program is a main reason the get a Nokia 7 Plus and I understand that you’re disappointed, but we have now identified the bug and our teams are working to resolve this. 

So please stay tuned. 

Best regards,

Laura 

✭✭✭  /  edited June 16
    Good !!! But please don't put us back to develpor preview 2 and again make us wait for develpor preview 3...
  • user1528873676373 user1528873676373
     /  edited June 15

You found the bug for the wrong OTA? Good. But the fix I think everyone is waiting for is a newer Android P version or at least a version with newer timestamp then the Oreo 8.1 we are now stuck on. I bought the device for development testing my apps on Android P - now I cannot do this anymore. That is the real issue. 

• nokiakike nokiakike
     /  edited June 16
    Hay que tener un poco de paciencia todo esto pasa cuando se desarrolla un nuevo sistema operativo nos deberíamos preocupar más por la mala cobertura de este dispositivo
  • xavito83 xavito83
     / 
    bad coverage does not have that on that side I do not worry, and we do not complain about the version of Android P, but because it has skipped the June OTA being in the beta program.
Prev1