FM radio limitations?

I've generally been very pleased with the 6.1, but I've come across two related issues with the FM radio app that severely limit its usefulness to me.

FM radio limitations?

Charlie Parks Charlie Parks
✭✭  / 
I've generally been very pleased with the 6.1, but I've come across two related issues with the FM radio app that severely limit its usefulness to me. The first is that it can't be used with Bluetooth headphones, even with a standard headphone cord plugged in as an antenna. On other phones with FM radios, I've always been able to plug in a headphone cord for an antenna while sending the FM radio output to a Bluetooth headset. The FM radio app on the 6.1 doesn't seem to allow this, even with speaker mode turned on.

A secondary issue is that the app will not work if only a headphone cord is plugged in; it seems to require full headphones with speakers. On previous phones with FM radios, I would use a headphone cord with the speakers snipped off as an antenna and send the FM output to my Bluetooth headset. I could deal with this limitation if the Bluetooth issue didn't exist, but it's a bit of an annoyance.

Does anyone know of a way around these limitations? Being able to use the FM radio app in this way makes it great for running, where Bluetooth headphones are much less encumbering than plug-in ones. I had no trouble doing so on the last two phones I've owned, which were otherwise inferior to the 6.1.

Comments

• MobileCR MobileCR
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My nokia 6.1 TA-1043 (european variant) DOES work with a headphone cord with the speakers snipped off for enabling the sound to come out from the speakers.  The issue you are referring to the use of bluetooth while having a headphone connected to the jack is really disappointing (the nokia 6.1 of mine also lacks that..whereas my Nokia N9, E7, N8, Lumia 930 all with FM radio DO NOT have that kind of limitation) Very disappointed with HMD for such a dumb move