Ambient Display for Notifications not working.

After upgrading to Pie, I noticed that ambient display isn't working anymore when I receive notifications.

Ambient Display for Notifications not working.

paulodr33 paulodr33
✭✭  / 
After upgrading to Pie, I noticed that ambient display isn't working anymore when I receive notifications. However ambient display works fine on the option to always on during charging. I hope this gets fixed in an update soon.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• KP KP KP KP
    ✭✭  / 
    After pie update,fingerprint not working with applocks
  • Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    Another problem with the upgrade: With Android 8.1 you could choose that the ambient display is activating every 2 minutes when you receive new message. Nokia just deleted this option with Pie :( As the new Nokia phones doesn't have LED-Notifications, you have now every time to check. That is really annoying.
  • paulodr33 paulodr33
    ✭✭  / 
    I have observed the ambient display for notifications works inconsistently. Screen turns on sometimes when I receive notifications, most of the time, my phone just vibrates wothouw the screen turning on. 

This feature is really important for us users to minimise picking up our phones everytime. It helps maximise our usage so I hipe the moderators are seeing this and hipefullh provide a fix next security update.