Major standby drain.

First of all i would say THE ANDROID PIE FOR NOKIA 8 IS OF NO GOOD. There are no much improvements other than the cosmetic changes of pie ui.

Major standby drain.

kiranzzz512 kiranzzz512
✭✭  / 
First of all i would say THE ANDROID PIE FOR NOKIA 8 IS OF NO GOOD.
There are no much improvements other than the cosmetic changes of pie ui.
Battery drain on standby is so huge. So huge that i lost around 20 PERCENT of battery while doing nothing. APPS ARE STILL RUNNING IN BACKGROUND EVEN THOUGH ADAPTIVE BATTERY IS TURNED ON. the older battery saver on oreo 8.1 WAS FAR BETTER.
People who deal with this software upgrades, do something ASAP. I lost an opportunity to do a presentation today because of this severe battery drain. SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING PLEASE.
Tagged:

Comments

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 26
    I'm on the December pie (v5.110) and indeed, the battery just drains significantly faster, specially after the January security patch. I too hope for some proper optimisations.

Edit: it's worth mentioning that I've killed that "battery protection" app (the evenwell g3 package - see https://dontkillmyapp.com/), which is held responsible for mindlessly killing background apps. I've had some instances when, for example, the alarm would not run, I was literally a couple of hours late for work because of this. Inexcusable trade-off that we're being forced to choose from!

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I am on the beta still and mine is fine, however i have the "battery manager" as it is called in the beta turned off, it just seems to add apps willynilly and is a bit pants really.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes true, it is drastic change with standby time, my phone was at 80% at morning 8am and the screen on time was around 40mins with normal use, at 2:30pm it is on 28% , before update just 4/5 days back i was about to charge only at night after 10pm that to 30% of charge left but now its draining so much 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Glad i am on the beta then looking at what people are getting, my phone came off charge 4 hours ago and has 95% left (albeit with only 20mins SOT).
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mrbelter said:
    Glad i am on the beta then looking at what people are getting, my phone came off charge 4 hours ago and has 95% left (albeit with only 20mins SOT).
    Thats cool, maybe they will fix it in next security patch, let's see
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Who knows what they will do mate, i cant weigh Nokia up at all.
  • kiranzzz512 kiranzzz512
    ✭✭  / 
    But i lost an opportunity today because of this **** standby drain. DEAR NOKIA, PLEASE DO SOMETHING. 
    ✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    Is there any way i can go back to that build?
    Something we all really need is battery.
    ✭✭  / 
    Mrbelter said:
    Thats cool, maybe they will fix it in next security patch, let's see
    Next security patch? Next month? Oh god!!!
    ✭✭  / 
    Any other nokia 8 pie users have the same issue? Please share it here so that somebody will do something... (I hope)
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I haven't noticed any really obvious changes in the battery life for better or worse after upgrading first to the Pie beta and lately the final(?) Pie. I don't doubt that the issue is real for some devices though, so there must be something specific that triggers it.
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8 - TA-1012 - 000WW_5.140
    No battery problems. 9 hours on standby, screen usage 2 hours and 6 minutes. Still 66%.
    Battery protection (see @marsic) on. I stopped this app some time ago, but it starts again after a restart.
    (Alarm went off this morning.)
    Perhaps a good idea not to stop Battery protection - Nokia may have changed its misbehaviour in the February update.

• Rufh Rufh
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the same problem. On the Pie beta version all are good. 
    Now i loose at least 20% in pure standby for every 8 hours (while i sleep).

For testing i have installed Accu Battery some time now to see the consomption statistics :
    Before upgrade i have used near 50% of the battery between the evening (i unplug the phone from my comptuter at work) and next morning (plug to my computer at work)
    Yesterday i used 79% of the battery for the same use.
    NOKIA TA-1052 on version 00WW_5_140
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think the battery life is the same as Oreo.
    My phone is all day on mobile data 4G, second sim is on 3G.
    Bluetooth is connected to MiBand3 and hands free.
    If I was on WiFi will do easily 4 or 5 hours SoT with the first 50%.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    But i lost an opportunity today because of this **** standby drain. DEAR NOKIA, PLEASE DO SOMETHING. 
    Please contact HMD Global - they make Nokia's phones and tell them, either through the chat or mailing Support. They don't read this.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 26
    Battery drain on standby is so huge. So huge that i lost around 20 PERCENT of battery while doing nothing. APPS ARE STILL RUNNING IN BACKGROUND EVEN THOUGH ADAPTIVE BATTERY IS TURNED ON. the older battery saver on oreo 8.1 WAS FAR BETTER.
    People who deal with this software upgrades, do something ASAP. I lost an opportunity to do a presentation today because of this severe battery drain. SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING PLEASE.
    Do factory reset once and check, maybe this problem is only in India, because after the update nly im facing this issue
    ✭✭  / 
    Do factory reset once and check, maybe this problem is only in India, because after the update nly im facing this issue
    Yours got fixed after factory reset? I don't want to do a factory reset because I'm in a place where there are no systems available for backup
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yours got fixed after factory reset? I don't want to do a factory reset because I'm in a place where there are no systems available for backup
    No, i haven't did reset , but this may fix, even i am going to do it shortly
    ✭✭  / 
    Please contact HMD Global - they make Nokia's phones and tell them, either through the chat or mailing Support. They don't read this.
    Then why on earth do we have this community? There should be some means to talk straight to nokia like the community of xiaomi and all... (Frankly, xiaomi really do have a good community. They'll provide updates and fixes for every simple issues)
    ✭✭  / 
    Rufh said:
    I have the same problem. On the Pie beta version all are good. 
    Now i loose at least 20% in pure standby for every 8 hours (while i sleep).

For testing i have installed Accu Battery some time now to see the consomption statistics :
    Before upgrade i have used near 50% of the battery between the evening (i unplug the phone from my comptuter at work) and next morning (plug to my computer at work)
    Yesterday i used 79% of the battery for the same use.
    NOKIA TA-1052 on version 00WW_5_140
    Dear Rufh, 
    I found a way to keep the battery drain to a minimum... I hope this helps for you. I downloaded an app called greenify from the playstore and this force stops every apps like the oreo version of nokia 8 did. Somehow i can maintain the drain to a minimum but i wish if things were back to normal like oreo, as it was headache free and the apps only launch when we need them. Still the standby drain is an issue... 
  • pasoderb pasoderb
    ✭✭  / 
    I did notice a little more battary drain already with first Pie update but after a few days it was back to normal again.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    On WiFi only this morning
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Then why on earth do we have this community?
    HMD wants customers to help each other because it doesn't want to hire additional support.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Finally back in home. 14 hours later still almost 40% and over 3 hours SoT.
    Is this batter drain for you? 
    2 hours only on WiFi and rest of the day on 4G mobile data.
    ✭✭  / 
    That looks good... I have no idea why there's such an issue for battery... For the majority ones it's a heavy drain... And for some lucky ones like you it's normal...
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have no idea why there's such an issue for battery... For the majority ones it's a heavy drain... And for some lucky ones like you it's normal...
    I don't see battery drain as a problem for majority of users after Pie update. Issues with compass, fingerprint, voice match are experienced by almost all, and there are users in some regions who have broken VoLTE. Heavy battery drain commonly occurs when process of updating didn't go as intended and factory reset usually fixes that.
  • Rufh Rufh
    ✭✭  / 
    After some reboot all is now in order. The battery drain has gone. I dont know what was cause it. i hope it will not appear again.
    ✭✭  / 
    Rufh said:
    After some reboot all is now in order. The battery drain has gone. I dont know what was cause it. i hope it will not appear again.
    About how many times you rebooted?
  • Rufh Rufh
    ✭✭  / 
    I was making some try. After 3 or so reboot to test some apps. As nothing changed, i removed the all the battery apps and made one last reboot and no more issue for now. 
    Perhaps a so "optimizing battery app" issue or some settings has been reset by removing them.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What about the battery drain?
    After the February security patch everything for me is perfect. 
Prev1