Major standby drain. - Page 2

Restriction Menu in Settings was hidden by HMD on the latest build, but there is still a way to access it.  1-Go to app store, find and download that app called "Shortcut Maker" 2-Find Power Saver app on the first opened activity/window.

Major standby drain.

Comments

• user1538062537055 user1538062537055
    ✭✭  / 
     Restriction Menu in Settings was hidden by HMD on the latest build, but there is still a way to access it. 
    1-Go to app store, find and download that app called "Shortcut Maker"
    2-Find Power Saver app on the first opened activity/window.
    3-Click on it and click again first one.
    You are in App Restriction Menu.
  • kiranzzz512 kiranzzz512
    ✭✭  / 
     Restriction Menu in Settings was hidden by HMD on the latest build, but there is still a way to access it. 
    1-Go to app store, find and download that app called "Shortcut Maker"
    2-Find Power Saver app on the first opened activity/window.
    3-Click on it and click again first one.
    You are in App Restriction Menu.
    I found that, but it's of no use. Looks like a dummy setting.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Don't mess with the system apps.
    Possible reasons for big standby power drain can be a poor quality or defective SD memory card, incompatible third party apps, incompatible settings inherited from a backup, poor network coverage, defective SIM card etc.
    Try rule out those instead.

My Nokia 8 in good VoLTE coverage, with all radios (WiFi, Bluetooth, location, NFC etc) on, equipped with a 64GB Kingston U3 speed SD, little use:

Please note, the same phone can drain the battery in less than 5 hours when recording video and taking pictures.

-- 
    Hans
  • natlet natlet
     / 
    marsic said:
    I'm on the December pie (v5.110) and indeed, the battery just drains significantly faster, specially after the January security patch. I too hope for some proper optimisations.

Edit: it's worth mentioning that I've killed that "battery protection" app (the evenwell g3 package - see https://dontkillmyapp.com/), which is held responsible for mindlessly killing background apps. I've had some instances when, for example, the alarm would not run, I was literally a couple of hours late for work because of this. Inexcusable trade-off that we're being forced to choose from!

it's actually power saver app, not battery protection. 
    com.evenwell.powersaving.g3
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 9
    - Why do you guys trust the dontkillmyapp website?
    From my point of view it's just a bunch of app developers who want their apps to do more background activities than Android allows since Oreo.
    The com.evenwell.powersaving app can be important to limit the power consumption of for example HMD's camera app and other vendor specific apps that runs with system privilegies.
    - Did any of you check that?
    I previously had to set Sports Tracker and a Bluetooth heart rate monitor app to 'not optimized' in Android's app > battery settings, but will check again if it's still required after the April updates.
    Alarms, background activities and notifications from all built-in apps works as expected without messing with system apps on my TA-1012.
    Some old or incompetently developed apps do not work properly in Oreo or Pie. In that case I suggest persist with the app developer or find a replacement app.
    --
    Hans