Official path/solution for reverting back to Oreo on Nokia 8

HMD, I demand a solution to revert back to Oreo (8.1) firmware.

Official path/solution for reverting back to Oreo on Nokia 8

Ognjen Šešlija Ognjen Šešlija
 /  edited February 26
HMD, I demand a solution to revert back to Oreo (8.1) firmware. Pie firmware or firmwares introduced so many bugs, and none of them are solved or it looks like will be solved. Therefore, I want my phones working more or less flawlessly the way they were on Oreo fw. I really hate my phones now.
If you can't solve Pie bugs, then indulge me in providing a solution to go back to Oreo.

Comments

• Zain Ihsan Zain Ihsan
    ✭✭  / 
    Someone please post a method to revert back to Oreo. I have major battery draining, heat up, missing fingerprints and lagging issues. I was in love with my mobile on oreo but now i am not :neutral:
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD can only be reached on Support, not on this forum for customers.
    Here is the URL:
    First send them an email explaining them the issues (lots of us don't have any of these). If they fail, demand an official ....
  • @jdan
    Yes I contacted them. No answer.
    With regards to issues, one can take a look at all posts, I guess. It's not like some Motorola/Samsung/writeyourfavouritevendor fans wrote all that.
    "Lot's of us don't have any of these". How do you know this? You quantified it somehow?

• jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Quite strange they do not answer! This is not my experience and LOTS of other people who report here that they contacted support and claim that they were helped and LOTS of others who complain about the poor answers they have received.

About LOTS of us who do not experience your problems:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/43272/android-pie-00ww-5-140-list-of-bugs

I didn't know an attempt to help somebody can be considered to be offensive.
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Someone please post a method to revert back to Oreo. I have major battery draining, heat up, missing fingerprints and lagging issues. I was in love with my mobile on oreo but now i am not :neutral:
    I don’t have any the problems you mention here. Is your compass working? Do you get accurate tags on the photos you take?
  • jdan said:
    Quite strange they do not answer! This is not my experience and LOTS of other people who report here that they contacted support and claim that they were helped and LOTS of others who complain about the poor answers they have received.

About LOTS of us who do not experience your problems:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/43272/android-pie-00ww-5-140-list-of-bugs

I didn't know an attempt to help somebody can be considered to be offensive.
    I'm really getting bored to have to constantly emphasize list of bugs since first Pie fw. Second one apparently didn't fix anything. As for volume or number of people reporting bugs, there are plenty of posts on this forum with (looks to me) about more or less same bugs I've written about: most important IMO - pathetic battery life and inexplicable idle drain, network and connectivity drops (all of the sudden my cellular data connection gets fully dropped when starting to call someone or in a call), OK Google dead, Compass being distorted (no idea why) on just about every app I used, Samsung Health keeps notifying my GPS signal is now weak. Bottom line - ALL THESE BUGS NEVER EVER happened to me on Oreo - Oreo is now to me a perfect firmware. Second Pie added Adaptive Battery and broke feature to choose which apps to leave running in background and which to kill - didn't help battery life at all, only broke good feature IMO. Add to this that camera issue was never solved (doesn't bother me much TBH cause I'm not much of camera man, but I understand that people hate being lied to - Sarvikas made a promise and never delivered, how does one call that?). 
    In your post you're stating some bugs but you're also saying that you don't use this and that no matter if buggy. Why? So then it's not a bug, cause you don't use it? Also, you're saying LOTS of people don't have issues I'm stating. I could easily say that are n times LOTS of people who do have same issues I do, and I would not be lying, just check number of bug reporting posts (keeps getting bigger and bigger AFAIK). As for your support remark, what is this forum for anyway - for chitchat? Are HMD people threatened with cutting their arms and legs not to stop by here and check our claims/reports?  Are we all really crazy with plenty of free time? Can someone even say anything, like - we are reading your reports and checking them out? Or is this forum really about containing all bad stuff in one place, and not having it shared across Internet?
    I'm not a put-a-competition-name-here bot, rather a plain Nokia 8 phones (plural) owner, who turned from finally-I-got-a-great-Android-phone-I-love-love-love-thank-you-HMD feeling to being furious-mad-as-**** after Pie fw disasters. This is not like..."yeah couple of things are not working but in all it's ok", rather "everything that was working great is now put to grave".
    I value your input, I just think that speaking in an apologist language about all stated disasters is not really helpful (I apologize for maybe sounding harsh, but it's what I think - no ill feeling to you personally).
    As I have talked praises about Nokia/HMD in my surrounding as a more than satisfied customer, I feel it's my full right to continue talking about this epic disaster in a language of criticism. What's more annoying is it looks like to me that HMD chose a path to completely play dead about all this and  disregard once very happy and loyal customers such as myself.
    Again @jdan, no hard feelings to you personally.